PS CC for iPad?

Old July 14th 18, 04:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default PS CC for iPad?

It seems that Adobe has plans to release Photoshop CC fo iPad in 2019.
Probably the same plan as with LR CC, free, but to gain the full sync
features a Creative Cloud subscription would be required. Currently I have
the 1TB plan for $14.95/month.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/07/13/adobe-photoshop-ipad-2019-report/

Savageduck

Old July 14th 18, 04:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 14/07/2018 16:15, Savageduck wrote:
It seems that Adobe has plans to release Photoshop CC fo iPad in 2019.
Probably the same plan as with LR CC, free, but to gain the full sync
features a Creative Cloud subscription would be required. Currently I have
the 1TB plan for $14.95/month.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/07/13/adobe-photoshop-ipad-2019-report/

I wonder how it compares to Affinity Photo - about £20/US$25 once-off
purchase with a 30% discount at the moment....

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

I haven't used both so I can't comment.

--
Cheers,
David
Old July 14th 18, 05:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 14, 2018, David Taylor wrote
(in article ):

On 14/07/2018 16:15, Savageduck wrote:
It seems that Adobe has plans to release Photoshop CC fo iPad in 2019.
Probably the same plan as with LR CC, free, but to gain the full sync
features a Creative Cloud subscription would be required. Currently I have
the 1TB plan for $14.95/month.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/07/13/adobe-photoshop-ipad-2019-report/

I wonder how it compares to Affinity Photo - about £20/US$25 once-off
purchase with a 30% discount at the moment....

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

I haven't used both so I can't comment.

We will only be able to make a true comparison once the proposed version of
PS for the iPad is released. I have both for my Mac, and iPad Pro, and as
capable as Affinity Photo is, on my Mac my preference remains for my LR+PS
workflow.

Affinity Photo (AP) on my iPad Pro, is a better editing/adjusting app than
the combined trio of PS Fix, PS Mix, and PS Express. AP does not have the
asset management, editing, and desktop/laptop syncing capability of LR CC. I
think this PS was an obvious development for Adobe.

If I had to make a choice for a non-Adobe iPad photo editing app it would be
Affinity Photo, or Pixelmator. For an iPad/macOS combo Pixelmator does a very
good job of syncing between iPad and desktop via iCloud. However, my choice
for non-Adobe stuff for my desktop would be Alien Skin Exposure X3, Luminar,
On1 Photo Raw, Pixelmator then AP.

Savageduck

Old July 15th 18, 09:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 14/07/2018 17:52, Savageduck wrote:
[]
[...]

Yes, if you are already committed to the Adobe product range I can see
the benefits. I'm not, and the idea of yet another regular cash outflow
is not attractive! I'm pleased to hear that Affinity Photo is working well.

--
Cheers,
David
Old July 15th 18, 11:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David Taylor
wrote:

[...]

quality software costs money, and affinity is not free either.
Old July 15th 18, 12:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 15, 2018, David Taylor wrote
(in article ):

[...]

The important thing to understand is, if this version of *PS for iPad* is
managed in the same way as LR CC it will be a *free* app. The only additional
cash flow would come, as it does for LR CC, if the user wants the full sync
capability, and does not have a Creative Cloud account. For those who are
already either full CC, Photography Plan CC(LR CCC/PS CC), or LR CC only
subscribers there will be no additional regular cash flow.

There are going to be many folks who just install *PS for iPad* and use it as
a free app, as they probably do with the free PS Fix, PS, Mix, and PS
Express, but by not having a CC subscription they lose all the syncing
function which is the major benefit of the Adobe mobile apps. Those other
free Adobe mobile apps all function better with CC storage to facilitate
syncing and interaction between mobile and desktop/laptop apps.

As a subscriber to the $9.99/month Photography Plan, I get LR CCC, LR CC, PS
CC, and 20GB of CC storage. I chose to pay an additional $5/month to increase
my CC storage to 1TB.

I don’t pay any extra for LR CC, and I don’t expect to pay any extra for
the new *PS for iPad*.

Savageduck

Old July 15th 18, 05:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 15/07/2018 12:47, Savageduck wrote:
[]
[...]

Oh, that's interesting. I look forward to trying out a free program
(although not being a PS owner the learning curve may be steep). I did
try out some of the free software but it kept asking me to log into an
Adobe account which I don't have, so I gave up with it.

--
Cheers,
David
Old July 16th 18, 04:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 7/14/2018 12:52 PM, Savageduck wrote:
[...]

Just to be clear: You have expressed preferences for some very fine post
processing programs. However, you have not tried Topaz, and therefor3e
properly omitted it. As for Luminar, it is an excellent program, I have
tried it on both a Mac OS and a PC. Although Skylum, the publisher,
claims that their programs work equally well on both a MAC and PC, from
my own uses, I don't think the PC version is ready for prime time.
Having said that, for HDR and color mapping I prefer Aurora, despite its
glitches.

--
PeterN
Old July 16th 18, 04:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 7/15/2018 4:57 AM, David Taylor wrote:
[...]

the benefits.Â* I'm not, and the idea of yet another regular cash outflow
is not attractive!Â* I'm pleased to hear that Affinity Photo is working
well.

If a program is working for you, you should use it. Others may claim
that a different program works better, it may, but I don't believe in
trying to fix something that isn't broken.

--
PeterN
Old July 16th 18, 05:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 7/15/2018 12:22 PM, David Taylor wrote:
[...]

Oh, that's interesting.Â* I look forward to trying out a free program
(although not being a PS owner the learning curve may be steep).Â* I did
try out some of the free software but it kept asking me to log into an
Adobe account which I don't have, so I gave up with it.

And Adobe account costs you nothing. By nature I like to experiment. I
have an email account that I use just for the trials. It gets cleaned
out abut once a month, and I never even read anything in it, unless I
like the product. If so, i open a real account.

--
PeterN