Photographer Seeks Resolution - 4 Gigapixel camera - Wired Article

Old June 3rd 05, 02:06 AM
Steve Franklin

Default Photographer Seeks Resolution - 4 Gigapixel camera - Wired Article

Apologies if you have all seen this, but this is amazing....

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...,66498,00.html

I never would have believed the resolving power of a lens combined with an
awesome sensor could make images this incredible..

Pictures are on the left...but the article and the guys website is well
worth a read...

Old June 3rd 05, 04:25 AM
Musty

"Steve Franklin" wrote in message
Apologies if you have all seen this, but this is amazing....

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...,66498,00.html

I never would have believed the resolving power of a lens combined with an
awesome sensor could make images this incredible..

Pictures are on the left...but the article and the guys website is well
worth a read...

Where was the neck strap to hold the camera?

Musty.

Old June 3rd 05, 05:29 AM
Jer

Steve Franklin wrote:
Apologies if you have all seen this, but this is amazing....

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...,66498,00.html

I never would have believed the resolving power of a lens combined with an
awesome sensor could make images this incredible..

Pictures are on the left...but the article and the guys website is well
worth a read...

Having visited this site before, and seeing what is possible, I'm
wondering if our silly friends at the Dept. of Homeland Security has
visited. Considering more than one image, the only thing that's missing
is the "Place Bomb Here" sign, or maybe Graham already cloned it out.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Old June 3rd 05, 08:54 AM
RichA

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:06:13 +1000, "Steve Franklin"
wrote:

Apologies if you have all seen this, but this is amazing....

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...,66498,00.html

I never would have believed the resolving power of a lens combined with an
awesome sensor could make images this incredible..

I might be wrong, but it sounds like it's being shot on film and
scanned.
-Rich
Old June 3rd 05, 08:55 AM
RichA

wrote:

Apologies if you have all seen this, but this is amazing....

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...,66498,00.html

I never would have believed the resolving power of a lens combined with an
awesome sensor could make images this incredible..

It should be pointed out that the SO-846 film used for initial design
purposes is not representative of the film now being used for the
Gigapxl™ Project. In this regard, new-generation color-negative films
(notably Kodak’s Aerocolor III type 2444) offer several advantages.
Old June 3rd 05, 03:24 PM
Paul Furman

wrote:

Apologies if you have all seen this, but this is amazing....

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...,66498,00.html

I never would have believed the resolving power of a lens combined with an
awesome sensor could make images this incredible..

I might be wrong, but it sounds like it's being shot on film and
scanned.

http://www.gigapxl.org/technology-realized.htm
9"x18" film

--
Paul Furman
http://www.edgehill.net/1
Old June 3rd 05, 05:30 PM
James Of Tucson

So the news here is "large format film renders fine resolution?"
or "people like to shoot nude beaches from a hidden position on a
clifftop?"

Old June 3rd 05, 09:00 PM
Ryadia@Home

Steve Franklin wrote:
Apologies if you have all seen this, but this is amazing....

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...,66498,00.html

I never would have believed the resolving power of a lens combined with an
awesome sensor could make images this incredible..

Pictures are on the left...but the article and the guys website is well
worth a read...

We should all be so lucky as to be able to retire at such a young
looking age and have enough spare cash to indulge our fantasy like this
pair are doing. God Bless America, eh?

--
Douglas...
It's traditional, painter's use it, Rembrandt used it.