Crone:C Additive & Formulary Excel

Old March 2nd 04, 11:38 PM
Lew

Default Crone:C Additive & Formulary Excel

Can anyone share their experiences with either of these? What do they
actually do? How do they do it? What's in them? Are there any ryo
equivalents?
-Lew

Old March 3rd 04, 05:42 PM
Alexis Neel

"Lew" wrote in message ...
Can anyone share their experiences with either of these? What do they
actually do? How do they do it? What's in them? Are there any ryo
equivalents?
-Lew

Well, I'm not a chemist and I don't know specifically whats in them,
but they are flammable, so be careful. I've used both...Crone:C for
film developed with D-76, and the Excel using Hutching's Pyro
developer, since Crone:C will not work with Pyro. Both gave excellent
results.

Instead of having my clients take the extra 1 stop in film speed this
gives, I had them shoot it to the normal rating, and we would "pull"
the development accordingly. This meant shorter dev. times and less
time in solution.

Both open the shadow areas without blocking up the highlights,
although the Excel with Pyro could if not done correctly.

Hope this helps.

Alexis

www.alexisneel.com
Old March 3rd 04, 08:09 PM
Lew

Alexis:
Thanks for the reply. Crone:C is, indeed, flammable. That's because the
solvent is isopropanol as opposed to water. I suppose that gives a longer
shelf life (like Rodinal?) since there's less dissolved O2. I don't believe
that the Excel is flammable however.
I'd still like to know what's in them.
-Lew

Old March 3rd 04, 09:25 PM
Lew

Alexis
....btw, did you notice any effect on grain or other effects?
-Lew

Old March 4th 04, 10:26 AM
Dan Quinn

"Lew" wrote

Thanks for the reply. Crone:C is, indeed, flammable. That's because the
solvent is isopropanol as opposed to water. I suppose that gives a longer
shelf life (like Rodinal?) since there's less dissolved O2. I don't believe
that the Excel is flammable however.
I'd still like to know what's in them.
-Lew

There is'nt any alcohol in Rodinal. That alcohol may be used because
it dissolves more so some of the Crone:C constituents. Dan
Old March 4th 04, 05:21 PM
Alexis Neel

"Lew" wrote in message ...
Alexis
...btw, did you notice any effect on grain or other effects?
-Lew

No, no increase in grain or anything else. TYhe purpose of the 2 is
to open the shadows, which it does nicely.

Alexis

www.alexisneel.com