K14 Processing

Old November 27th 03, 04:49 AM
Joe Thomas

Default K14 Processing

In article ,
James Robinson wrote:

"G. Michael Paine" wrote:

James Robinson wrote:

That was likely the lab in San Leandro. My understanding is that
it was closed in May or June, 2002. In any event, no Kodak labs
on the west coast process Kodachrome.

That is funny. I have a box of slides done on 3/12/03

What is the code stamped into the slides opposite the date? If it is an
"N", then they were processed in Fair Lawn. (Though I notice the latest
slides I received from New Jersey had no lab marking.)

Funny, I do not have any such marking either. Just to satisfy our
mutual
curiosity I am going to call the photo shop and verify where they send
this film.
-M.P.

No need to confirm, N is Fair Lawn, Kodak/Qualex sends ALL K14 to NJ
and it's the last K14 processor in the Kodak system. San Leandro is
closed. This is fact.
Old December 17th 03, 10:04 PM
William J. Slater

FWIW, I've used A&I in California http://www.aandi.com for K14 but
they are going to discontinue processing it after March 2004.