Moonset Over Zion

Old July 27th 10, 05:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
LOL!

Default Moonset Over Zion

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 16:02:29 +0200, Ofnuts wrote:

is that the best picture quality you can get? It's appalling...

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 21:21:07 -0500, Joel Connor
wrote:

You mean like this "impossible" available-light-only hummingbird shot at
1/12,500 second shutter speed using a P&S camera?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4095/4822194301_20db930412_b.jpg

(High JPG compression used, to entertain the thieves and trolls, even
though the image is not mine but I have permission to repost it.)

Nice to see that the high JPG compression entertained you so.

Out yourself as a useless ****ing piece of **** troll very often?

OF COURSE YOU DO!

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Old July 27th 10, 05:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Tzortzakakis Dimitris

? "Ofnuts" ?????? ??? ??????
On 27/07/2010 14:15, LOL! wrote:

Yes, but also outside the range of the CHDK camera,because it won't have
the natural light for it.

Right. I guess that's why this one taken in available light ONLY at
1/12,500 second shutter speed is outside of the range of natural light
for
it.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4095/4822194301_20db930412_b.jpg

Holy **** are you ever a **** of an ignorant troll.

Nothing in that shot indicates it has been taken at such a speed. The bird
isn't even flying. Of course, given the slow AF of a P&S, shooting a
perched bird is a lot easier. And assuming it has really been taken at
that speed, is that the best picture quality you can get? It's
appalling...

You can take such a photo with available light, at 1/40,000. Just detonate a
nuclear bomb. You probably will have 1ns to confess your sins....

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Old July 27th 10, 06:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Outing Trolls is FUN![_5_]

wrote:

Of course, given the slow AF of a P&S,

Handheld shots taken with a P&S camera auto-focusing in the pitch dark ...

As I was coming back from putting out the first-round (of dozens) of
nightly grub for an assorted friendly menagerie of some 50-70 wild
raccoons, foxes, and opossums, I spotted this moth feeding by the house. I
wasn't used to the flash on this superzoom camera, having never used its
flash before, so this image was rather underexposed. Later, less
interesting shots were properly exposed once I learned to use the 13 levels
of TTL-metered flash-output, but this one had the nicest composition.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4099/4822609827_0e86944322_b.jpg

Though I'll probably use this one for ID purposes.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4098/4822609831_4500176d31_b.jpg

There's another with a full-on well-exposed dorsal view, but it looks like
it was sitting on the flower instead of in-flight. Good for ID-ing, but
lousy to show its behavior at the time.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/4822609833_991c46c7b8_b.jpg

Odd, the closest I can come to ID-ing it is the Laurel Sphinx, but it
doesn't quite seem to match. Either way, this is a new species for my
insect archives.

Now, what was it that all you lying, deceitful, and condescending
gutter-**** piece of **** DSLR-TROLLS were saying about "P&S" camera
shutter-lag and not being able to auto-focus fast enough in dim lighting?
It was pitch dark out when I shot these tonight. Auto-focusing by the
camera's dim focus-assist LED light alone, from 7-10 feet away.

[As always, high JPG compression applied to entertain the thieves and
armchair-photographer trolls.]
Old July 27th 10, 06:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
LOL!

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:59:09 +0300, "Tzortzakakis Dimitris"
wrote:

You can take such a photo with available light, at 1/40,000. Just detonate a
nuclear bomb. You probably will have 1ns to confess your sins....

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering
mechanized infantry reservist
hordad AT otenet DOT gr

I fear for the safety of any country that would enlist something as
****INGLY STUPID as you to defend it.

LOL!!!!!!!!

Old July 27th 10, 10:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ofnuts

wrote:

Of course, given the slow AF of a P&S,

Handheld shots taken with a P&S camera auto-focusing in the pitch dark ...

Hand-held: of course... using the flash all pictures can be hand-held.
Why do you make it sound like an achievement?

And as you say, your camera is using its AF LED assist, so what? Are you
surprised that it works? Anything else on your superzoom camera that
wouldn't work as advertised? As to the moth... so either the camera AFs
on the flowers, and the moth happens to be in the large DOF... or it AFs
on a *hovering* moth which isn't that hard either.

[As always, high JPG compression applied to entertain the thieves and
armchair-photographer trolls.]

Er... look like you sent the wrong pictures then :-)

--
Bertrand, FUMLIPPUFOADTCOAIT (****ing useless moron, lame ignorant,
pretend photographer, useless **** of a DSLR-TROLL, **** of an ignorant
Old July 28th 10, 02:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Outing Trolls is FUN![_5_]

wrote:

Of course, given the slow AF of a P&S,

Handheld shots taken with a P&S camera auto-focusing in the pitch dark ...

Hand-held: of course... using the flash all pictures can be hand-held.
Why do you make it sound like an achievement?

And as you say, your camera is using its AF LED assist, so what? Are you
surprised that it works? Anything else on your superzoom camera that
wouldn't work as advertised? As to the moth... so either the camera AFs
on the flowers, and the moth happens to be in the large DOF... or it AFs
on a *hovering* moth which isn't that hard either.

[As always, high JPG compression applied to entertain the thieves and
armchair-photographer trolls.]

Er... look like you sent the wrong pictures then :-)

Er...I knew it and this confirms it. You're ****ing blind. You probably
have your browser set to interpolate all images so they're ALL a muddy
bicubic mess on your end and you can never tell the difference.

While we all await your images of insects in flight focused and framed
outside in the dark with your SUPER-FAST ACCURATELY FOCUSING DSLR WITH ITS
MUCH COVETED BUT USELESS-IN-THE-DARK OPTICAL VIEWFINDER.

LOL!!!!!!!!

Old July 28th 10, 06:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Outing DSLR-Trolls is FUN![_3_]

wrote:

Of course, given the slow AF of a P&S,

Handheld shots taken with a P&S camera auto-focusing in the pitch dark ...

Hand-held: of course... using the flash all pictures can be hand-held.
Why do you make it sound like an achievement?

Thanks for proving that you've never used any camera under these
circumstances. (You most likely have never used ANY camera under ANY
circumstances, or you'd know better.)

The main points being, MORON, that the zoom lens was set to 432mm EFL in
all of these. Being able to frame and focus ACCURATELY in the dark with an
EVF equipped superzoom camera set to use its auto contrast-detection
focusing while being HANDHELD at that focal-length. All are situations that
you ****ingly stupid DSLR-TROLL ****s relentlessly claim to be impossible.

On top of that, you don't even know the behavior of sphinx moths when
feeding. They hover at each flower for about 1 second, if you're lucky.
Their flight much more erratic and randomly darting than any hummingbird
I've ever caught on camera. This particular moth would cover the span of a
15 ft. area of flowers in under 5 seconds. They purposely dart often in
widely divergent directions while feeding to evade nightly predators. Let's
see YOU follow a sphinx moth, at night, in the dark, with a 432mm EFL lens
on YOUR DSLR. Out of the five images that I took (the properly exposed ones
after I found the 13 levels of flash adjustment) ALL of them were properly
framed and in focus. No more were needed than that. Burst mode wasn't even
necessary because I know what I'm doing.

So until YOU show us close-up images of your own, of a sphinx moth feeding
outside at night, using that much focal-length on ANY camera, you will
forever remain a useless role-playing pretend-photographer DSLR-TROLL who
can only lie and deceive others. I've just proved your DSLR-TROLL's claims
about P&S cameras to be complete lies. I can do it just as easily again
with every one of your other lies about them.

Old July 28th 10, 12:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ofnuts

wrote:

Of course, given the slow AF of a P&S,

Handheld shots taken with a P&S camera auto-focusing in the pitch dark ...

Hand-held: of course... using the flash all pictures can be hand-held.
Why do you make it sound like an achievement?

Thanks for proving that you've never used any camera under these
circumstances. (You most likely have never used ANY camera under ANY
circumstances, or you'd know better.)

The main points being, MORON, that the zoom lens was set to 432mm EFL in
all of these. Being able to frame and focus ACCURATELY in the dark with an
EVF equipped superzoom camera set to use its auto contrast-detection
focusing while being HANDHELD at that focal-length. All are situations that
you ****ingly stupid DSLR-TROLL ****s relentlessly claim to be impossible.

Did *I* say so? For me it's not impossible, it's just slow. As you say
you are shooting something which isn't that far away, so well within the
range of the AF-assist LED and your camera has some kind of
stabilization (lens- or sensor-based).

On top of that, you don't even know the behavior of sphinx moths when
feeding. They hover at each flower for about 1 second, if you're lucky.

One second is plenty of time even for a slow AF.

Their flight much more erratic and randomly darting than any hummingbird
I've ever caught on camera. This particular moth would cover the span of a
15 ft. area of flowers in under 5 seconds. They purposely dart often in
widely divergent directions while feeding to evade nightly predators. Let's
see YOU follow a sphinx moth, at night, in the dark, with a 432mm EFL lens
on YOUR DSLR.
So until YOU show us close-up images of your own, of a sphinx moth feeding
outside at night, using that much focal-length on ANY camera, you will
forever remain a useless role-playing pretend-photographer DSLR-TROLL who
can only lie and deceive others. I've just proved your DSLR-TROLL's claims
about P&S cameras to be complete lies.

I can do it just as easily again
with every one of your other lies about them.

Go ahead, quote *me*.

Er...I knew it and this confirms it. You're ****ing blind. You probably
have your browser set to interpolate all images so they're ALL a muddy
bicubic mess on your end and you can never tell the difference.

No, I assumed that your hummingbird picture was your standard
thief-deterrent quality. These are much better; I may be blind, but no
more than most web users, so your pictures would be usable on a web
site. Come to think of it, Wikipedia is a bit lacking in pictures in the
Sphingidae article...

--
Bertrand
Old July 28th 10, 04:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 7/26/10 2:13 PM, in article
, "DanP"
wrote:

On Jul 26, 5:08*pm, zulu wrote:
LOL!!!!!!!!

when LOL! Better Info Outing Trolls is FUN! Truman has to use 2 of his
personalities to act like he 2 different people right after each other
he need to learn not to sign off with LOL when he pretending to be
Outing Trolls is FUN!. *make you look more sick then you really are.

cancer in human form. *so sad

He has many names but only one face:
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/cu...tar87335_2.gif
I say redneck. Anyone to disagree?

DanP

Where did the Lone Ranger go? He left his faithful companion alone for the
picture.

Ever since, the injun has been trying to find his 'spirit' that this
photograph took by hanging around the photography groups trolling for
attention.

Old July 28th 10, 10:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 7/28/10 3:41 PM, in article
, "DanP"
wrote:

On Jul 28, 4:28*pm, George Kerby wrote:
On 7/26/10 2:13 PM, in article
, "DanP"

wrote:
On Jul 26, 5:08*pm, zulu wrote:
LOL!!!!!!!!

when LOL! Better Info Outing Trolls is FUN! Truman has to use 2 of his
personalities to act like he 2 different people right after each other
he need to learn not to sign off with LOL when he pretending to be
Outing Trolls is FUN!. *make you look more sick then you really are.

cancer in human form. *so sad

He has many names but only one face:
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/cu...tar87335_2.gif
I say redneck. Anyone to disagree?

DanP

Where did the Lone Ranger go? He left his faithful companion alone for the
picture.

There is no Lone Ranger. If it was he would have been OK.
His old alias was keoeeit till he got banned from some forums.
This is an insight into his personality
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts9205152.aspx
Go straight to message 5. BTW, I don't have a problem with gay people.

DanP

I don't either, but this guy has serious issues, whether straight or gay.

No wonder his posts have such outrage and anger...