What is the simplest Android camera app?

Old January 27th 14, 11:25 PM posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
cgp gray

Default What is the simplest Android camera app?

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 20:57:18 +0000, James Grady wrote:

What is the simplest Android camera app?

Pretty much there is no camera app that doesn't have
overly complicated controls.

You're best with a real camera.

Old February 4th 14, 02:40 AM posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
James Grady

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 22:25:43 +0000, cgp gray wrote:

You're best with a real camera.

I've been testing all the camera apps, and, so far, NONE
have a simple menu for turning on and off the flash.

All I need is:
1. Press once and the flash goes off.
2. Press again, & the flash goes to automatic.
3. Press once more, and the flash goes on.
.... ...
1. Press again and the flash goes off.
(and the cycle repeats).

So, I guess the question has morphed to a social engineering
question, since I'm no genius, but this is such an obvious GUI
improvement, I can't possibly be the first person to think
of it.

Why is it that nodo NO camera apps have such a simple GUI
such that the buttons that have only 3 options require
too many unnecessary additional steps?

That is, why don't they just make it a cyclic tap-tap-tap menu?
(i.e., what am I missing here?)

Old February 4th 14, 06:23 AM posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-02-04 01:40:47 +0000, James Grady
said:

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 22:25:43 +0000, cgp gray wrote:

You're best with a real camera.

I've been testing all the camera apps, and, so far, NONE
have a simple menu for turning on and off the flash.

I guess you haven't looked at any of the iPhone camera apps, even th
default camera app which is part of the OS has what you are looking for.

All I need is:
1. Press once and the flash goes off.
2. Press again, & the flash goes to automatic.
3. Press once more, and the flash goes on.
... ...
1. Press again and the flash goes off.
(and the cycle repeats).

So, I guess the question has morphed to a social engineering
question, since I'm no genius, but this is such an obvious GUI
improvement, I can't possibly be the first person to think
of it.

Nope, all the camera app developers for iOS have been supplying what
you are looking for years.

Why is it that nodo NO camera apps have such a simple GUI
such that the buttons that have only 3 options require
too many unnecessary additional steps?

They do with iOS camera apps.

That is, why don't they just make it a cyclic tap-tap-tap menu?
(i.e., what am I missing here?)

Perhaps it is time for you to buy a real camera, or if you want a
camera integrated into a smart phone, look no further than the default
camera app in the iPhone. That does what you want and more.

Savageduck

Old February 4th 14, 02:21 PM posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
Whiskers

On 2014-02-04, James Grady wrote:
[...]

Which smartphone are you using?

I don't think I've encountered a camera app that doesn't have a little
icon of some sort for toggling between flash modes, permanently visible
in the 'viewfinder' display. Usually the symbol looks something like a
lightning bolt. There's usually another one for making the picture
darker or lighter, with a +/- symbol on it.

--
-- Whiskers
Old February 4th 14, 03:48 PM posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 2/3/2014 8:40 PM, James Grady wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 22:25:43 +0000, cgp gray wrote:

You're best with a real camera.

I've been testing all the camera apps, and, so far, NONE
have a simple menu for turning on and off the flash.

All, 700,000 + apps?