How badly do you want to get beaten up for crappy, inane video?

Old February 4th 18, 12:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default How badly do you want to get beaten up for crappy, inane video?

On Fri, 02 Feb 2018 22:24:21 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

So, you see I did not mention networking in a discussion about Spyder
issues.

then why did you mention networking issues in a discussion about spyder
and permissions?

Read the ****ing thread. You will find that I have already explained
this in more detail than I am accustomed to get from you.

avoiding answering, as usual.

nowhere did you say why you mentioned networking.

In the context of file permissions. It's just a few paragraphs above.
Can't you understand it?

except that your spyder problem involved a locally attached device, so
there wouldn't be any networking.

Which is why I didn't lump them together.

except you did exactly that.

You should take a lesson in comprehension.

thus your mentioning networking was a new context.

It arose from Bill W's mention of problems arising from file
permissions.

how so? networking was not a factor in your situation.

Read the second half of his sentence and then try and come to grips
with what follows on from that.

Eric Stevens
Old February 4th 18, 12:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 03 Feb 2018 08:22:14 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Can't you use SAMBA?

Possibly, but my need is not sufficiently pressing to justify the
effort in getting started.

what effort is that?

I don't know anything about Samba.

unless you're writing a samba client or server, you don't need to.

If I'm going to use it I need to.

no you don't.

all you need to know is how to enable/disable smb and how to connect to
a remote volume, both of which are very easy.

What a drongo you are. In one line you tell me I don't need to know
anything about Samba. In the next line you tell me what I need to
know. You can't have it both ways but you seem to want to try.

all you need to know is how to enable it and connect, just as you do
with anything else.

And if I have to start with no knowledge I have to make the effort to
acquire some knowledge.

you claimed it required a lot of effort. it doesn't.

The word 'lot' is your own contribution. I merely said 'effort'.

changing a lightbulb is more effort.

no wonder you have so many problems with windows.

What do you know of the postulated cometary impact explanation for the
Younger Dryas?

Eric Stevens
Old February 4th 18, 12:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 03 Feb 2018 08:22:15 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

No because you no doubt deliberately didn't quote the relevant text.
What is your explanation of the "They" which make "networking between
machines running different versions of Windows a pain in the arse."?

i'm asking *you* why it's a pain in the arse.

It's all about 'permissions' - file permissions - I'll leave you to
guess.

there is no issue with permissions and networking, unless you make it
an issue.

MS makes it an issue.

Eric Stevens
Old February 4th 18, 01:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

all you need to know is how to enable it and connect, just as you do
with anything else.

And if I have to start with no knowledge I have to make the effort to
acquire some knowledge.

which is negligible.

you claimed it required a lot of effort. it doesn't.

The word 'lot' is your own contribution. I merely said 'effort'.

the 'effort' is enabling it if it isn't enabled, which is hardly what
anyone would call effort. making a sandwich is more effort.
Old February 4th 18, 01:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

there is no issue with permissions and networking, unless you make it
an issue.

MS makes it an issue.

that part is true, which is why windows is what it is.
Old February 4th 18, 03:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 03 Feb 2018 19:16:56 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

all you need to know is how to enable it and connect, just as you do
with anything else.

And if I have to start with no knowledge I have to make the effort to
acquire some knowledge.

which is negligible.

you claimed it required a lot of effort. it doesn't.

The word 'lot' is your own contribution. I merely said 'effort'.

the 'effort' is enabling it if it isn't enabled, which is hardly what
anyone would call effort. making a sandwich is more effort.

So we agree, that an effort has to be made.

Eric Stevens
Old February 4th 18, 03:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 03 Feb 2018 19:16:57 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

there is no issue with permissions and networking, unless you make it
an issue.

MS makes it an issue.

that part is true, which is why windows is what it is.

So once again, you are agreeing with me.

Eric Stevens
Old February 4th 18, 03:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

there is no issue with permissions and networking, unless you make it
an issue.

MS makes it an issue.

that part is true, which is why windows is what it is.

So once again, you are agreeing with me.

not quite. microsoft makes it far more complex than it needs to be, but
the user is driving the issue.
Old February 4th 18, 09:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 03 Feb 2018 21:28:31 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

there is no issue with permissions and networking, unless you make it
an issue.

MS makes it an issue.

that part is true, which is why windows is what it is.

So once again, you are agreeing with me.

not quite. microsoft makes it far more complex than it needs to be, but
the user is driving the issue.

How? Why? By wanting to do something with the software?

Eric Stevens