Because I care about the friends I've made here!

Old January 28th 18, 02:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Because I care about the friends I've made here!

In article ,
RichA wrote:

There have always been stories of infection from download sites like CNET.
Don't know how common it is, I try to avoid using them or app stores, etc.

very common.
Old January 28th 18, 02:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
David B.[_2_]

On 28/01/2018 01:03, Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 27, 2018, David B. wrote
(in article ):

On 27/01/2018 23:37, PeterN wrote:
On 1/27/2018 2:08 PM, nospam wrote:
In , PeterN
wrote:

In , David B.
wrote:
Look what's been found!

that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.

https://www.virustot

Views invited.

bad idea.

Why?

because he's a troll who has a stick up his ass about mac malware and
doesn't understand the links he posts, even posting links that cause
harm to users and going so far as claiming that anti-malware utilities
actually install malware rather than remove it.

nothing is 100% secure, but unless people install unknown apps from
untrusted sources, there is essentially no risk for malware on the mac.

That may be true. What you say about installing unknown apps, is true on
PC's as well. The greedy guys who look for free, or low cost
installation keys are only asking for a problem.

If you goes here https://www.clxxx, how
can you be sure that you are going to be PROTECTING your Apple computer,
not INSTALLING malware?

Always wondering.

You certainly do not live up to your subject line.

I'm really sorry that you think so. :-(

Do you even think before before you crosspost and then repeat your obsessive
malware rant which is totally off topic in r.p.d.?

Of course. I understood that at least SOME of the folk reading/writing
here use an Apple computer.

Though I have given you the benefit of doubt when some of your posts to
r.p.d. appeared benign, now it seems that the only solution is to add you to
my kill-file.

You must do what you think is in the best interest of the group as a
whole. I'm trying to EDUCATE, not disrupt.

--
David B.

Old January 28th 18, 02:41 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital
gtr

On 2018-01-28 01:14:17 +0000, nospam said:

In article , David B.
wrote:

Though I have given you the benefit of doubt when some of your posts to
r.p.d. appeared benign, now it seems that the only solution is to add you to
my kill-file.

You must do what you think is in the best interest of the group as a
whole. I'm trying to EDUCATE, not disrupt.

bull****.

Or perhaps he's in earnest, in which case he has consistently failed,
in which case he should really reconsider his quest.

Old January 28th 18, 05:38 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital
Your Name[_2_]

On 2018-01-28 01:14:17 +0000, nospam said:
In article , David B.
wrote:

Though I have given you the benefit of doubt when some of your posts to
r.p.d. appeared benign, now it seems that the only solution is to add you to
my kill-file.

You must do what you think is in the best interest of the group as a
whole. I'm trying to EDUCATE, not disrupt.

bull****.

Or perhaps he's in earnest, in which case he has consistently failed,
in which case he should really reconsider his quest.

Nope. He's just the usual Internet knosw-nothing dispstick who blindly
believes they're they only genius on the planet and knows what everyone
else should do ... despite being told by multiple people he's an idiot.
Just killfile the moron and let him continue to believe what ridiculous
crap he wants to. :-\