FS: 8x10 Deardorff With Fron Swings

Old August 22nd 03, 04:04 PM
BCE

Default FS: 8x10 Deardorff With Fron Swings

For Sale: 8x10 V8 Deardorff with front swings, original Deardorff ground
glass plus (1) an 8x10 BosScreen made for Deardorff 8x10 cameras, (2) four
lens boards (two original Deardorff boards, one replica made by Steve
Grimes, another made by Stephen Shuart), and (3) ground glass protector made
by K.B. Canham. This camera is the so-called "military" model with square
lens boards. It is identical to all other V8 Deardorffs except for the
square cornered lens board.

The camera is in overall very good condition for its age (circa 1952). The
bellows aren't wrinkled and there are no pinholes or other leaks.The wood
finish appears to be the original finish and there are no cracks, obvious
scratches, or other significant defects in the wood anywhere on the camera
including the base which is where Deardorffs often show major scratching.
There are a few small dings in the area where the film holder is inserted
and the varnish (not the wood) at the base shows some crackling. The metal
is also in good condition, no rust or other signs of corrosion except that
there is a small corrosion or similar spot at the bottom edge of the front
standard. The handle is a leather replacement because the original handle
showed signs of wear and I didn't want to drop the camera. However, I have
the original and it is usable if you like to have everything original but I
felt more comfortable carrying the camera with a new leather handle..

I see 8x10 Deardorffs on e bay all the time that are described as
"excellent" and then you look at the pictures and they look terrible. This
one isn't "like new" or "mint" but it's in very nice condition, better than
probably 90% of the Deardorffs I see on e bay. Price is $1,300 plus
shipping and insurance, probably about $30 in the continental U.S. If you
buy it and then decide you don't like it for any reason, return it within
ten days of delivery and I'll refund the purchase price (not the shipping
costs), no questions asked There is a review of the camera on my web site if
you're unfamiliar with Deardorffs.

I also have three lenses (a 159mm F9.5 Wollensak, a 210mm F9 G Claron, and a
Wollensak triple convertible), a BTZS darkcloth, and other accessories that
I'll sell for a very good price to anyone who buys the camera and wants
them.
--
Images and Photography Information www.ellisgalleries.com

Old March 7th 10, 04:01 PM
John Allen John Allen is offline
Junior Member

Location: Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCE View Post
[...]

I am interested in learning more about your Deardorff. My contact info: or call 9006-932-0855. Thanks.
Old January 10th 12, 10:09 PM
healingvirtue healingvirtue is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Allen View Post
I am interested in learning more about your Deardorff. My contact info: or call 9006-932-0855. Thanks.
Very interested. Please contact me at (863) 324-5179