Nikon Uses Canon 5D2 Footage To Promote D800

Old March 6th 12, 09:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chloe

Default Nikon Uses Canon 5D2 Footage To Promote D800

On 5/03/2012 1:03 AM, Annika1980 wrote:
This is hilarious!

http://fstoppers.com/omg-nikon-uses-...o-promote-d800

They'd be scraping the barrel for that lot. It's not unusual to hire
contractors to shoot footage you know?

I've seen the results from D800 video and they blow any 5D stuff out of
the water. Project it on a big screen cinema and Canon hasn't got a hope
of getting close to it.

Chloe
Old March 8th 12, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Joe Kotroczo

On 06/03/2012 21:56, Chloe wrote:
On 5/03/2012 1:03 AM, Annika1980 wrote:
This is hilarious!

http://fstoppers.com/omg-nikon-uses-...o-promote-d800

They'd be scraping the barrel for that lot. It's not unusual to hire
contractors to shoot footage you know?

Problem is: this video seems to be made up from "found footage",
snippets taken from a large number of trailers and clips found on the
web. There is such a thing as copyright, and it certainly looks that
whoever produced this video for Nikon has blatantly violated copyright.
The fact that it's actually been shot on a large variety of different
cameras, none of which was a Nikon, is a secondary issue (and makes the
whole thing quite funny).

--
Illegitimi non carborundum
Old March 9th 12, 01:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
J. Clarke[_2_]

In article 8f8a0528-d7a2-48ae-9ab6-22d64eb1bd91
@f4g2000yqh.googlegroups.com, says...

http://fstoppers.com/omg-nikon-uses-...age-to-promote...

They'd be scraping the barrel for that lot. It's not unusual to hire
contractors to shoot footage you know?

I've seen the results from D800 video and they blow any 5D stuff out of
the water. Project it on a big screen cinema and Canon hasn't got a hope
of getting close to it.

Chloe

The Canon C300 says hi. Horses for courses.

Not really. It may say "hi" to the Red Epic but it's not saying "hi" to
the D800 or the 5DMkII. Priced in a different range. The 5DMkII is
already being used to make big-budget movies. Was used in "Iron Man
II" and "Captain America" to name two, and might have been used in the
last Harry Potter. It's also a favorite of independents because it's
cheap, which the C300 is not.
Old March 9th 12, 02:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chloe

On 9/03/2012 3:38 AM, Annika1980 wrote:
On Mar 6, 3:56 pm, wrote:
On 5/03/2012 1:03 AM, Annika1980 wrote:

This is hilarious!

http://fstoppers.com/omg-nikon-uses-...age-to-promote...

They'd be scraping the barrel for that lot. It's not unusual to hire
contractors to shoot footage you know?

I've seen the results from D800 video and they blow any 5D stuff out of
the water. Project it on a big screen cinema and Canon hasn't got a hope
of getting close to it.

Chloe

The Canon C300 says hi. Horses for courses.

Horses for courses indeed.
I'll meet your C300 and raise you a RED.

Everything goes fine until the street lights are all leaning like
sunflowers. Oh the joys of movement and rolling shutters! LOL.

Chloe

Old March 9th 12, 02:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chloe

On Mar 6, 3:56 pm, wrote:
[...]

Well you're right about the big budget movies... Up to a point. They are
used for pilot scenes. "Shoot the scene with a DSLR and lets see how we
can improve it before we do the real shoot".

I'm afraid to say that the rolling shutter destroys all VDSLRs for
serious footage. Maybe one day they'll get over it but for now only
pilots and a few commercial get made with DSLRs.

I've used one to make a couple of cheap commercials. One had cyclists in
it and no one noticed the odd lean on lamp posts until it got to the
station and one of the editors remarked... "Holy Sh#t this was shot with
DSLR. Julie... Check the time base on it".

For those who don't know, all analogue TV broadcasts have to be timebase
corrected to comply with broadcast standards. Digital is already running
clean and doesn't matter about the subtleties of analogue transmissions.
Chloe
Old March 15th 12, 03:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chloe

On 12/03/2012 4:18 PM, Annika1980 wrote:
On Mar 6, 4:56 pm, wrote:

I've seen the results from D800 video and they blow any 5D stuff out of
the water. Project it on a big screen cinema and Canon hasn't got a hope
of getting close to it.

I call bull****. Where have you seen any video results of the D800
that blows the 5D out of the water?
Maybe you meant it just blows?

Ahhh, yeas! I see the Canon worshipper is still on his knees. I guess
its the best position from which to blow with your old 5D.
Old March 15th 12, 08:35 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
K W Hart

nd.com...
On Mar 6, 4:56 pm, wrote:

I've seen the results from D800 video and they blow any 5D stuff out of
the water. Project it on a big screen cinema and Canon hasn't got a hope
of getting close to it.

I call bull****. Where have you seen any video results of the D800
that blows the 5D out of the water?
Maybe you meant it just blows?

Ahhh, yeas! I see the Canon worshipper is still on his knees. I guess its
the best position from which to blow with your old 5D.

I'm trying to figure out how to do video with my Canon FX. At 24 frames per
second, a single roll of film would be only one second (or 1.5 seconds),
assuming I could operate the shutter release and film advance that fast- I
seriously doubt it. Of course, I could load up all my Canon FX's and shoot 8
minutes of video.
Maybe if I want to shoot video, I should get a video camera and use my still
cameras for still photos, something they are good at.

Old March 18th 12, 09:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chloe

On Mar 6, 4:56 pm, wrote:

I've seen the results from D800 video and they blow any 5D stuff out of
the water. Project it on a big screen cinema and Canon hasn't got a hope
of getting close to it.

I call bull****. Where have you seen any video results of the D800
that blows the 5D out of the water?
Maybe you meant it just blows?

Ahhh, yeas! I see the Canon worshipper is still on his knees. I guess
its the best position from which to blow with your old 5D.

You forgot the link to your awesome D800 footage. TIA.

Not my footage sweetie...
It was at the Nikon (AU) intro night when they let us touch and feel the
D800 and D4. Sorry, no images left the building. Not like Elvis. but
they did have a couple of Canons for quality comparison.

Canon USA have a Pro club or register or something akin to Professionals
nights where they introduce new products and vapour ware, don't they?
Surely someone with your equipment gets invited to these things? They do
the same bagging of Nikon stuff although in all seriousness, they don't
have anything to rival the D800 at anywhere near the price of a Nikon.
It's one thing to be a Canonboi but another thing entirely to be blind
to the obvious.

Chloe
Old March 20th 12, 10:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
J. Clarke[_2_]

In article 9dbf842c-e0bd-4a42-86ca-7f763df7b0f7
@w32g2000vbt.googlegroups.com, says...

On Mar 6, 4:56 pm, * *wrote:

[...]

Canon doesn't need to wine and dine folks when they have a new product
announcement. The new gear is usually backordered for months due to
the demand. Good luck with your new Mavica.

Uh, just to put things in perspective, I went with Canon instead of
Nikon for the simple reason that B&H had 30ds in stock and the d200 had
been backordered everywhere for weeks.