Ansel Adams - Yosemite

Old April 27th 09, 07:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Dave[_8_]

Default "Anything more than 50ft from the road,is not photogenic."

You're about half right with your quote ("Anything more than 50ft from
the road is not photogenic.")which you attributed to Edward Weston. The
Weston part is correct, but it was Bret who made that remark. If my
memory is working today I think he said "Anything more than 100 (50)
feet from the car (road) is not photogenic." He did have cause as he
shot almost exclusively 11x14. I fully agree with his approach and I
only shoot 35mm size DSLRs now. Too old and too out of shape. =;~)

Best,

Dave

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"Pico" pico at idrailogid.ten wrote
AA didn't trek far from the roads the roads. Enjoy!

Wasn't that EW(?): "Anything more than 50ft from the road
is not photogenic."

From what I read, AA scrambled all over the place -
mule in tow. Mule packing camera, glass plates,
tripod, iron fry pan, 30 lb canvas tent, 20 lb axe,
2 dozen eggs, 5 lb bacon, sack of flour, sack of potatoes ...