Sharing Photo web site wanted

Old January 28th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Sharing Photo web site wanted

I'm looking for a place to share my vacation pictures on the web with
my family and friends using a password. Does anybody have suggestions
for a site?

Thanks
Lori
Old January 28th 06, 08:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

This web page costs $5 a month. Check out www.20d.us and www.20d.us/Lift or
www.20d.us/Air or www.20d.us/Tank
I haven't felt a need for a password. I just give them the link to the page
they need to access. Plus I get all the e-mail addresses I want.

Old January 28th 06, 10:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Kayla" wrote in message
I'm looking for a place to share my vacation pictures on the web with
my family and friends using a password. Does anybody have suggestions
for a site?

Thanks
Lori

Try Flickr from Yahoo! The service is free and, though I haven't used it
yet, you can mark images as "public" or "private". The link to my Flickr
pages is below, from there you should be able to navigate to a point where
you can set up your own pages.

Paul

--
Paul ============}
o o

// Live fast, die old //

Gallery at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pcbradley/NewGallery2.htm
Flickr pages at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pcbradley

Old January 28th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 22:04:11 -0500, Kayla wrote:

I'm looking for a place to share my vacation pictures on the web with
my family and friends using a password. Does anybody have suggestions
for a site?

Thanks
Lori

I have been using www.smugmug.com for a short time now, and they seem
to have it together. Email support is VERY FAST should you have a
question about their service.
Granted, it's not a free site like those run by Kodak & Sony et al,
but there is no advertising, and you get no emails asking you to buy
something. The free services also require your visitors to register so
they can get emails also. The free sites are free because they make
their money on the things you buy from them. To me, it's worth the
few bucks a year to avoid the hassles. PW protection is available.
Plus with recurrent billing, your photos are there forever. The free
sites will delete your photos if you don't make a purchase every so
often (to their credit, they do email you with a reminder of this).
Old January 29th 06, 10:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

QX wrote:
[...]

I use Webshots, which works well for me, and is quite easy to use. Some
few albums for free, lots more for about $20 a year.