A camera suitable for...

Old October 25th 05, 03:07 PM
J. Arnold

Default A camera suitable for...

Hello all.

Wondering if you could suggest something for me here. I know someone who is
going to participate in the New York marathon and he would like to know if
there is a gadget of some description that will take pictures as he jogs the
marathon course.

I remember seeing somewhere and have now forgotten the specifics of a gadget
that can be worn, I think around the neck, that would take pictures every so
often depending on certain stimuli - like a sudden stop. Of course, when
running a marathon, having something loose around your neck is the last
thing you want (unless you have a sadistic bent).

Having said all that, all he is looking for is something that can be
attached to something (shirt, wrist...) and will take pictures
intermittently. Picture quality is not really an issue, but of course, it
would be nice to have something recognisable at the end of the event.

Any suggestions? Any mentioned will be greatfully appreciated.

J. Arnold,
London.

Old October 25th 05, 08:03 PM
Joseph Meehan

J. Arnold wrote:
[...]

I am not sure I would want to carry one running a marathon, but the last
time my son and I ran one together he carried a disposable film camera. We
got some great photos of Dublin and all the people along the way. I would
suggest the smallest digital you can find, hopefully one that does not
require any input other than pressing the button which is easy to press.
After a few miles thinking about settings is not going to happen.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit