New Nikkor Tele Zoom With TC Included

Old January 11th 18, 06:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default New Nikkor Tele Zoom With TC Included

Savageducks are now easier to frame than ever!

http://www.cameraegg.org/af-s-nikkor-180-400mm-f4e-tc1-4-fl-ed-vr-lens-announced/

--
teleportation kills

Old January 11th 18, 07:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 10, 2018, android wrote
(in article ):

Savageducks are now easier to frame than ever!

http://www.cameraegg.org/af-s-nikkor...vr-lens-announ
ced/

Nice. However, I have some other things to spend that $12,396.95 on.

Savageduck

Old January 13th 18, 05:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 06:41:26 +0100, android wrote:

Savageducks are now easier to frame than ever!

http://www.cameraegg.org/af-s-nikkor-180-400mm-f4e-tc1-4-fl-ed-vr-lens-announced/

I find it very hard to see the market for this given the price premium
of almost U$5k based of list prices.

I have been shooting a 1st gen AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G
IF-ED for over 10 yrs now. using TC-14EII most of that time and
sometimes TC-20EII with D200/300/7100/500 bodies.

List prices for the current AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II is
U$7k & the TC-14EIII is U$0.5k , totaling U$7.5k.compared to the list
of U$12.4k for this now combined lens/tc. That's an almost U$5k
premium for ease and speed of flicking the TC in/out with a switch and
not having to separately carry a TC. I can only see an extremely small
market of pros being able to even possibly justify this.
Old January 14th 18, 10:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-01-13 16:05:04 +0000, me said:

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 06:41:26 +0100, android wrote:

Savageducks are now easier to frame than ever!

http://www.cameraegg.org/af-s-nikkor-180-400mm-f4e-tc1-4-fl-ed-vr-lens-announced/

I find it very hard to see the market for this given the price premium
of almost U$5k based of list prices.

I have been shooting a 1st gen AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G
IF-ED for over 10 yrs now. using TC-14EII most of that time and
sometimes TC-20EII with D200/300/7100/500 bodies.

List prices for the current AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II is
U$7k & the TC-14EIII is U$0.5k , totaling U$7.5k.compared to the list
of U$12.4k for this now combined lens/tc. That's an almost U$5k
premium for ease and speed of flicking the TC in/out with a switch and
not having to separately carry a TC. I can only see an extremely small
market of pros being able to even possibly justify this.

There's your market! Think sports; far end short end...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=track+400m&iax=images&ia=images
--
teleportation kills