New Leica Compact

Old June 11th 15, 08:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default New Leica Compact

In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 6/11/2015 3:07 PM, android wrote:
In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 6/10/2015 10:05 PM, android wrote:
In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 6/10/2015 5:14 PM, Mort wrote:
android wrote:
The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact
after all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

At $4,250.-, all I can say is O.M.G.

Mort Linder

---

Actually if isn't that much if you compare it to my D800 + lens.

Nah, and your a cheepoo that hasn't upgraded to the D810. People like
you are killing Nikanon dead!

Actually I am thingkin about the 750. It has an articulating EFV, and
reportability good low light capability. Realistically though i want to
see a mirrorless Nikon.

If you want mirrorless then there are Nikkor adapters for Fuji, Sony and
EOS-M. And 4/3 if you can accept such a small censor.

The sensors are too small to satisfy my liking for WA.

I have a fisheye...

EF and chipped third party lenses works as expected with the wired
adapter on the EOS-M. A caveat is that the chips that I use have to be
programmed with an EF camera.

From what I hear, auto focusing is way too slow with converters.

Oki... Mostly MF here.

You should convince the Duck to try out one of those focal reducers and
report to the group!

Why? Are you argument challenged?

No. He has a combo that is basically what you seem to be looking for and
a focal reducer could make it FF-ish.
--
teleportation kills
Old June 11th 15, 09:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , android wrote:

In article
,

android:
The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact
after all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

Sandman:
Seems like Leica wanted to steal the title of smallest full frame
camera from the Sony RX1, and failed.

Can't see a failure here.

Seeing how it's not actually smaller...

Only plus side is the faster lens, but I still prefer a full frame
35mm to a full frame 28mm as a fixed lens, it's just more
versatile.

That would be a matter of taste.

Was it the "I still prefer" that gave it away?

Sandman:
I sold my RX1 and got myself a A7 instead, but I do miss that
35mm/f2 with a macro ring sometimes, it took some really
beautiful shots:

You didn't like your Sony enough to keep it...

I prioritized the exchangable lenses of the A7, but as I said, I miss the macro
function of the RX1.

The Sony RX1 was, like many other contemporary Sony products
"bjonky"!

Nonsense, it was - and is - an awesome camera. Only problem is that it's very
pricey, but you get a lot of camera for the money.

--
Sandman
Old June 11th 15, 09:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article , android wrote:

In article
,

Massive snip of stuff that Sandy edited into nonsense...

Only plus side is the faster lens, but I still prefer a full frame
35mm to a full frame 28mm as a fixed lens, it's just more
versatile.

That would be a matter of taste.

Was it the "I still prefer" that gave it away?

Nah. you bluntly claimed that it's a more versatile focal length. I
suggested that that is a matter of taste.

Sandman:
I sold my RX1 and got myself a A7 instead, but I do miss that
35mm/f2 with a macro ring sometimes, it took some really
beautiful shots:

You didn't like your Sony enough to keep it...

I prioritized the exchangable lenses of the A7, but as I said, I miss the
macro
function of the RX1.

In other words: You didn't like your Sony enough to keep it...

Old June 11th 15, 10:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 11, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

In news.com,
wrote:

On Jun 11, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

You didn't like your Sony enough to keep it...

Is there a reason you are duplicate posting?

I think we got the message the first time.

Your NNTP server seem to be broken since it don't respect the supersede
command.

Nope!

And your sig delimiter is missing a blank space and is thus
broken too...

and nope!

Savageduck

Old June 12th 15, 02:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mort[_3_]

android wrote:
You can't put a price on artware...
--

From my perspective, no camera is "artware", albeit some of the images
that come from it certainly are.

Mort Linder

---

Old June 12th 15, 04:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article m,
Savageduck wrote:

On Jun 11, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

In news.com,
wrote:

On Jun 11, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

You didn't like your Sony enough to keep it...

Is there a reason you are duplicate posting?

I think we got the message the first time.

Your NNTP server seem to be broken since it don't respect the supersede
command.

Nope!

And your sig delimiter is missing a blank space and is thus
broken too...

and nope!

Savageduck

No point in arguing. The blank in the delimiter is missing. I have not
edited your post in the above. And the supersede command was obviously
not honored.

Have a nice day.
--
teleportation kills
Old June 12th 15, 04:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article , android
wrote:

In article m,
Savageduck wrote:

On Jun 11, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

In news.com,
wrote:

On Jun 11, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

You didn't like your Sony enough to keep it...

Is there a reason you are duplicate posting?

I think we got the message the first time.

Your NNTP server seem to be broken since it don't respect the supersede
command.

Nope!

And your sig delimiter is missing a blank space and is thus
broken too...

and nope!

Savageduck

No point in arguing. The blank in the delimiter is missing. I have not
edited your post in the above. And the supersede command was obviously
not honored.

Have a nice day.

And here you can se how a sig delimiter i supposed to work. The sig
falls of with quoting...
--
teleportation kills
Old June 12th 15, 04:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 11, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

In news.com,
wrote:

On Jun 11, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

In news.com,
wrote:

On Jun 11, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

You didn't like your Sony enough to keep it...

Is there a reason you are duplicate posting?

I think we got the message the first time.

Your NNTP server seem to be broken since it don't respect the supersede
command.

Nope!

And your sig delimiter is missing a blank space and is thus
broken too...

and nope!

Savageduck

No point in arguing. The blank in the delimiter is missing. I have not
edited your post in the above. And the supersede command was obviously
not honored.

Have a nice day.

I am well aware of the formatting for a SIG delimiter and that is what I use.
With the exception of you, RichA, and whisky-dave (and they are using that
abomination G2/01) all others who have responded to my posts have my sig
stripped from their responses.

Savageduck

Old June 12th 15, 04:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , android wrote:

Sandman:
Only plus side is the faster lens, but I still prefer a full
frame 35mm to a full frame 28mm as a fixed lens, it's just
more versatile.

android:
That would be a matter of taste.

Sandman:
Was it the "I still prefer" that gave it away?

Nah. you bluntly claimed that it's a more versatile focal length.

You trolls and your reading comprehension. My claim is prefixed with "I still
prefer".

I suggested that that is a matter of taste.

I explicitly stated it was my taste. You trolls always try your hardest to find
something to argue about, even if it means disregarding something explicitly
stated.

Sandman:
I sold my RX1 and got myself a A7 instead, but I do
miss that 35mm/f2 with a macro ring sometimes, it took some
really beautiful shots:

android:
You didn't like your Sony enough to keep it...

Sandman:
I prioritized the exchangable lenses of the A7, but as I said, I
miss the macro function of the RX1.

In other words: You didn't like your Sony enough to keep it...

Your "other words" are of no concern to me.

android:
The Sony RX1 was, like many other contemporary Sony products
"bjonky"!

---

Snip and run from Android, as usual.

--
Sandman
Old June 12th 15, 05:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 11, 2015, Mort wrote
(in ):

android wrote:
You can't put a price on artware...
--

From my perspective, no camera is "artware", albeit some of the images
that come from it certainly are.

Then you haven’t checked on the Sony RX100 II posing as a Hasselblad. In
their case the “artware” is the camouflage done on the camera body.
http://www.hasselblad.com/compact/stellar-ii

Savageduck