New Leica Compact

Old June 11th 15, 03:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default New Leica Compact

On Jun 10, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

In news.com,

On Jun 10, 2015, Whiskers wrote
(in ):
On 2015-06-10, wrote:
The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact
after all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

It's not /that/ compact. Good to see there's an eye-level viewfinder,
even if it is electronic-only.

So What? I have that with my X-E2. Admittedly It is only APS-C not FF.
The X-E2 is that compact and I have the weight saving I have been looking
for
without any loss of IQ.
https://db.tt/Zb4AfwnW
https://db.tt/FcUaojgS

Remote control from a smartphone app isinteresting.

Again, so what? Fujifilm have had that for two years now, and I have it

with
my iPhone and X-E2.
https://db.tt/VzIgIRXK

Most importantly I didn’t pay $4,250, and I have the luxury of using
interchangeable lenses, including several Zeiss X-mount lenses, and they
havean “M” mount adaptor if I want to use Leica “M” glass, but even

that
seems silly given the quality of glass Fujifilm has produced in their X
series prime and zoom lenses.
http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/digital_cameras/x-lenses/#See_All

If you want a compact camera with interchangeable lenses on a budget,
then the I think that the Canon EOS M line is still interesting. And you
can use it as a backup for your other Canon gear.

My only Canon Gear is a G11. Then I already own the X-E2, and so far two
lenses. I am considering at least two others in the near future.

In the area DSLR arena I will wait to see what develops in Nikonland. I still
have and use my D300S along with useful DX and FX lenses, which seems to work
quite satisfactorily with my refurbished eyeballs and non-pro needs.

Savageduck

Old June 11th 15, 03:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article m,
Savageduck wrote:

On Jun 10, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

On 2015-06-10, wrote:
[...]

My first digicam was an Ixus50 and then one of the batteries failed I
could by a used 70 for less money than a new battery. The CHDK addon
firmware makes make DNGs. I still use the 70 at times. It fits my
jeans...

Then I already own the X-E2, and so far two
lenses. I am considering at least two others in the near future.

In the area DSLR arena I will wait to see what develops in Nikonland. I still
have and use my D300S along with useful DX and FX lenses, which seems to work
quite satisfactorily with my refurbished eyeballs and non-pro needs.

It's good to hear that you're happy with your new camera!
--
teleportation kills
Old June 11th 15, 10:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , android wrote:

The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact after
all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

Seems like Leica wanted to steal the title of smallest full frame camera from the
Sony RX1, and failed. Only plus side is the faster lens, but I still prefer a
full frame 35mm to a full frame 28mm as a fixed lens, it's just more versatile.

I sold my RX1 and got myself a A7 instead, but I do miss that 35mm/f2 with a
macro ring sometimes, it took some really beautiful shots:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jonaseklundh/14231923721/

--
Sandman
Old June 11th 15, 05:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article , android wrote:

The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact after
all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

Seems like Leica wanted to steal the title of smallest full frame camera from
the
Sony RX1, and failed.

Can't see a failure here. The camera is not yet available and Sony have
left a void in the market segment. Red dot phobic?

Only plus side is the faster lens, but I still prefer a
full frame 35mm to a full frame 28mm as a fixed lens, it's just more
versatile.

That would be a matter of taste.

I sold my RX1 and got myself a A7 instead, but I do miss that 35mm/f2 with a
macro ring sometimes, it took some really beautiful shots:

You didn't like your Sony enough to keep it...

The Sony RX1 was, like many other contemporary Sony products "bjonky"!
--
teleportation kills
Old June 11th 15, 05:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article , android wrote:

The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact after
all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

Seems like Leica wanted to steal the title of smallest full frame camera from
the
Sony RX1, and failed.

Can't see a failure here. The camera is not yet available and Sony have
left a void in the market segment. Reddot phobia?

http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography
Old June 11th 15, 05:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 11, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

You didn't like your Sony enough to keep it...

Is there a reason you are duplicate posting?

I think we got the message the first time.

Savageduck

Old June 11th 15, 05:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article m,
Savageduck wrote:

On Jun 11, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

You didn't like your Sony enough to keep it...

Is there a reason you are duplicate posting?

I think we got the message the first time.

Savageduck

Your NNTP server seem to be broken since it don't respect the supersede
command. And your sig delimiter is missing a blank space and is thus
broken too...
--
teleportation kills
Old June 11th 15, 07:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/10/2015 10:05 PM, android wrote:
In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 6/10/2015 5:14 PM, Mort wrote:
android wrote:
The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact
after all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

At $4,250.-, all I can say is O.M.G.

Mort Linder

---

Actually if isn't that much if you compare it to my D800 + lens.

Nah, and your a cheepoo that hasn't upgraded to the D810. People like
you are killing Nikanon dead!

Actually I am thingkin about the 750. It has an articulating EFV, and
reportability good low light capability. Realistically though i want to
see a mirrorless Nikon.
--
PeterN
Old June 11th 15, 08:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

PeterN wrote:

On 6/10/2015 5:14 PM, Mort wrote:
android wrote:
The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact
after all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

At $4,250.-, all I can say is O.M.G.

Mort Linder

---

Actually if isn't that much if you compare it to my D800 + lens.

Nah, and your a cheepoo that hasn't upgraded to the D810. People like
you are killing Nikanon dead!

Actually I am thingkin about the 750. It has an articulating EFV, and
reportability good low light capability. Realistically though i want to
see a mirrorless Nikon.

If you want mirrorless then there are Nikkor adapters for Fuji, Sony and
EOS-M. And 4/3 if you can accept such a small censor.

EF and chipped third party lenses works as expected with the wired
adapter on the EOS-M. A caveat is that the chips that I use have to be
programmed with an EF camera.

You should convince the Duck to try out one of those focal reducers and
report to the group!
--
teleportation kills
Old June 11th 15, 08:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/11/2015 3:07 PM, android wrote:

PeterN wrote:

On 6/10/2015 5:14 PM, Mort wrote:
android wrote:
The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact
after all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

At $4,250.-, all I can say is O.M.G.

Mort Linder

---

Actually if isn't that much if you compare it to my D800 + lens.

Nah, and your a cheepoo that hasn't upgraded to the D810. People like
you are killing Nikanon dead!

Actually I am thingkin about the 750. It has an articulating EFV, and
reportability good low light capability. Realistically though i want to
see a mirrorless Nikon.

If you want mirrorless then there are Nikkor adapters for Fuji, Sony and
EOS-M. And 4/3 if you can accept such a small censor.

The sensors are too small to satisfy my liking for WA.

EF and chipped third party lenses works as expected with the wired
adapter on the EOS-M. A caveat is that the chips that I use have to be
programmed with an EF camera.

From what I hear, auto focusing is way too slow with converters.

You should convince the Duck to try out one of those focal reducers and
report to the group!

Why? Are you argument challenged?

--
PeterN