Bessa III - who would dare buy one?

Old June 1st 09, 12:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Max Perl

Default Bessa III - who would dare buy one?

"RolandRB" skrev i en meddelelse
http://www.voigtlaender.de/cms/voigt...dih7jzkae.html

At this sort of price and knowing the Voigtländer sloppy standard
problem for its Bessa II folding cameras then who would dare pay this
sort of money for a camera that may not be fit to take pictures with?

The front standard of the Bessa III looks more like the Bessa I which locks
into place. The Bessa III also focus the same way as the Bessa I using the
lens and not some rails. Probably Voigtländer has learned from earlier
mistakes. It is also a design made in Japan. They know how to make a camera
:-) .....I would feel confident getting this one.....

Old June 1st 09, 06:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Toni Nikkanen

"Max Perl" writes:

The front standard of the Bessa III looks more like the Bessa I which locks
into place. The Bessa III also focus the same way as the Bessa I using the
lens and not some rails. Probably Voigtländer has learned from earlier
mistakes. It is also a design made in Japan. They know how to make a camera
:-) .....I would feel confident getting this one.....

Made in Japan indeed, as the polemic original poster already knew, the
Voigtländer of today has nothing but the name from the German company of
same name... for good or bad.
Old June 2nd 09, 12:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
David J. Littleboy

"Toni Nikkanen" wrote in message
"Max Perl" writes:

The front standard of the Bessa III looks more like the Bessa I which
locks
into place. The Bessa III also focus the same way as the Bessa I using
the
lens and not some rails. Probably Voigtländer has learned from earlier
mistakes. It is also a design made in Japan. They know how to make a
camera
:-) .....I would feel confident getting this one.....

Made in Japan indeed, as the polemic original poster already knew, the
Voigtländer of today has nothing but the name from the German company of
same name... for good or bad.

My bet would be that it's for good; very good. All the Fuji rangefinders
have been fine mechanically, and the lenses are superb.

The only problem is the price.

--
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan