Sony cyber shot digital cameras – The pioneers in technology

Old May 25th 09, 11:34 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Mr. Strat

Default Sony cyber shot digital cameras – The pioneers in technology

In article

The only thing Sony is a leader in is producing proprietary hardware
that is mediocre in performance.
Old May 26th 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

On 25-05-09 18:34, Mr. Strat wrote:
In article

The only thing Sony is a leader in is producing proprietary hardware
that is mediocre in performance.

They ain't what they used to be in consumer electronics, that is for sure.

However, in LCD technology for television their new OLED displays are
breathtakingly beautiful (though still a bit small) despite the very
thin display. I saw one a couple months ago and the richness of the
colors was remarkable.

Their other LCD televisions are very well regarded as are their home
sound systems. Nothing spectacular to be sure.

They are still a leader in high end ENG cameras.

As to the camera line (DLSR's) they are still at heart Minolta and at
least in the high end cameras nothing short of great.

I'll be receiving a Hasselblad to Minolta/Sony A-mount shortly and I
look forward to seeing how well the lenses matches up to the 24.6 Mpix
full frame sensor of the a900.

Not sure how this subject ended up on the mf forum however.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old May 26th 09, 04:17 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Q.G. de Bakker

Alan Browne wrote:

They ain't what they used to be in consumer electronics, that is for sure.

However, [...]

This message was paid for by ... etc.

You wonder how it came up on RPEMF?
You wrote the spam.

Old May 27th 09, 01:09 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Richard Knoppow

"Mr. Strat" wrote in message
In article

The only thing Sony is a leader in is producing
proprietary hardware
that is mediocre in performance.

Its just more spam from Google. They do not respond to
complaints but seem to follow them up. Probably ninety per
cent of the spam in Usenet groups comes through Google. This
one was reported.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA

Old May 27th 09, 07:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

On 26-05-09 11:17, Q.G. de Bakker wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

You wonder how it came up on RPEMF?
You wrote the spam.

Do a little research before you post baseless charges.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old May 27th 09, 10:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Q.G. de Bakker

Alan Browne wrote:

You wonder how it came up on RPEMF?
You wrote the spam.

Do a little research before you post baseless charges.

There's not much research to do.
You wrote the dribble telling us that they make stuf that is "breathtaking".

And (!) you wondered how sh*t like this ended up in this forum.

You fool ... (to put it very nicely).

Old May 27th 09, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

On 27-05-09 17:09, Q.G. de Bakker wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

You wonder how it came up on RPEMF?
You wrote the spam.

Do a little research before you post baseless charges.

There's not much research to do.
You wrote the dribble telling us that they make stuf that is "breathtaking".

And (!) you wondered how sh*t like this ended up in this forum.

You fool ... (to put it very nicely).

Do your research, I did not put up the original post. OTOH, a baseless
attack on Sony was not warranted either - and my reply was not exactly
an endorsement of Sony at large.

I wrote "" They ain't what they used to be in consumer electronics,
that is for sure. ""

Which is hardly spam, is it?

Really QG, if you want to run this NG, please run in an election first.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old May 28th 09, 04:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Q.G. de Bakker

Alan Browne wrote:

Do your research, I did not put up the original post.

Who said you did?
You (what did i say again?) fool ...

OTOH, a baseless attack on Sony was not warranted either - and my reply
was not exactly an endorsement of Sony at large.

The attack was a very based attack on Spam and spammers.
Your reply was an endorsement of spam.

I wrote "" They ain't what they used to be in consumer electronics, that
is for sure. ""

Which is hardly spam, is it?

It indeed is.
A thin veil of objectivity used to continue the spam.

Why don;t you understand that?

Really QG, if you want to run this NG, please run in an election first.

Let's start that election right now: i will not vote for you.

But wait: we do not need an election. We already have a general rule,
recognized by the entire world: people who spam deserve worse namecalling
than we have seen so far.
So better sit down ...

Old May 28th 09, 09:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

On 28-05-09 11:32, Q.G. de Bakker wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

Do your research, I did not put up the original post.

Who said you did?
You (what did i say again?) fool ...

1. stopped reading here. If you have to insult people, you're argument
is weak or you can only depend on an ad hominem attack.

2. PLONK

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old May 28th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Q.G. de Bakker

Alan Browne wrote:

Who said you did?
You (what did i say again?) fool ...

1. stopped reading here. If you have to insult people, you're argument is
weak or you can only depend on an ad hominem attack.

You aparrently missed the first time i wrote that, or - more likely - now
know nothing else to say.

More likely too, because when you have to resort to objecting that foolish
behaviour is called foolish behaviour, a fool a fool, you're really grasping
at straws.

2. PLONK

Which perhaps is another explanation for your strange posting behaviour: too
much of cheap 'high octane' plonk.