Good photo printer

Old December 22nd 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ty Roberts

Default Good photo printer

I'm thinking of getting my wife a photo printer as a last minute
Christmas gift. She's very into printing out family pictures
taken with our digital camera. She's not a photography buff, just
into recounting our family life.

She currently uses an HP psc 2210 all-in-one inkjet printer to
do this. It seems to get the job done, but it's slow and maybe
not the highest quality.

I don't know anything about photo printers or printers in general
at all. I'd appreciate it if someone here had a suggestion for
a photo printer that would really make her very happy compared
to the HP psc 2210.
Old December 22nd 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Russell

"Ty Roberts" wrote in message
. ..
I'm thinking of getting my wife a photo printer as a last minute
Christmas gift. She's very into printing out family pictures
taken with our digital camera. She's not a photography buff, just
into recounting our family life.

She currently uses an HP psc 2210 all-in-one inkjet printer to
do this. It seems to get the job done, but it's slow and maybe
not the highest quality.

I don't know anything about photo printers or printers in general
at all. I'd appreciate it if someone here had a suggestion for
a photo printer that would really make her very happy compared
to the HP psc 2210.

Hi,

Consider Canon's compact photo printer. It's a digital reincarnation of the
Polaroid instant print concept. Plusses: fast, good quality, portable, and
will print direct from most cameras. Minuses: will print 4x7 max, and the
supplies, cost about 30 cents a print and are single source from Canon.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/cp600.html

(BTW are you the Bogas/Pixar/Lightsource/CDDB Ty Roberts? If so, "Hi!". :-)
--
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Old December 22nd 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ty Roberts

Mike Russell wrote:
"Ty Roberts" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Thanks for the suggestion.

(BTW are you the Bogas/Pixar/Lightsource/CDDB Ty Roberts? If so, "Hi!". :-)

No, that's not me.
Old December 22nd 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:18:52 -0700, Ty Roberts wrote:

I'm thinking of getting my wife a photo printer as a last minute
Christmas gift. She's very into printing out family pictures
taken with our digital camera. She's not a photography buff, just
into recounting our family life.

She currently uses an HP psc 2210 all-in-one inkjet printer to
do this. It seems to get the job done, but it's slow and maybe
not the highest quality.

I don't know anything about photo printers or printers in general
at all. I'd appreciate it if someone here had a suggestion for
a photo printer that would really make her very happy compared
to the HP psc 2210.

I've been quite pleased with the Epson R320. six separate ink tanks,
various flash card reader slots included so you don't even need the
computer - does full page printing on up to 8.5x11, and not that expensive
- got mine refurb from the Epson online store.

Old December 22nd 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sally

In article ,
ray wrote:
I've been quite pleased with the Epson R320. six separate ink tanks,
various flash card reader slots included so you don't even need the
computer - does full page printing on up to 8.5x11, and not that expensive
- got mine refurb from the Epson online store.

How much does the ink cost for a high res 8x10 on glossy paper? Thanks.
Old December 23rd 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 23:45:26 +0000, sally wrote:

In article ,
ray wrote:
I've been quite pleased with the Epson R320. six separate ink tanks,
various flash card reader slots included so you don't even need the
computer - does full page printing on up to 8.5x11, and not that expensive
- got mine refurb from the Epson online store.

How much does the ink cost for a high res 8x10 on glossy paper? Thanks.

Kind of difficult to really calculate that since I haven't counted pages
and we have yet to empty a tank. PC Magazine used to do an exhaustive
report on printers every year - don't know if they still do that. The
printer spec sheet should have some info on use of consumables - the one
kicker I've found is that I have yet to find any third party cartridges
for this line of printers - I think the tanks run about $16 each.

Old December 23rd 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Arnor Baldvinsson

Hi Sally,

How much does the ink cost for a high res 8x10 on glossy paper? Thanks.

Don't know about the 320, I have a R340 which IMO is a very nice printer.
Compared to the 2200 I also have the print quality of the R340 is pretty
good. Not counting the original cartridges, which didn't last very long, I
have used the first inkset to print about 5 8x10", 10 5x7 and about a
hundred 4x6 plus about 300 pages of generic text stuff. The black is down
to about 40% and the colors are hovering around 50% I think each of those
cartridges are about $13 at Office Depot but you can get them cheaper if you
shop around on the web and I'm talking original Epson products.
--
Arnor Baldvinsson
San Antonio, Texas