Freeware to touch up pimples & blemishes on feminine face shots

Old December 2nd 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.technique.people
John Michaels

Default Freeware to touch up pimples & blemishes on feminine face shots

I have the classic amateur photographer's problem in that a female friend
asked me to snap shots of her for a personal advertisement but the pimples
and blemishes embarrass me.

I do lovely face shots - but I can't not photograph the pimples. I haven't
sent her the photos for fear of what she'll say.

Before I send her the photos, I'd like to see if there is freeware that can
touch them up quickly and easily. I already use Irfanview and Paint.NET for
viewing and adding text respectively as Irfanview is the best quick
freeware viewer and Paint.Net freeware seems to do the best with quick
texting overall.

What freeware approach would you recommend for quick touching up of minor
pimples & other blemishes on a dozen JPEG portraits?
Old December 2nd 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.technique.people
Halversen Crowel

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 11:44:12 -0800, John Michaels wrote:

I have the classic amateur photographer's problem in that a female friend
asked me to snap shots of her for a personal advertisement but the pimples
and blemishes embarrass me.

I do lovely face shots - but I can't not photograph the pimples. I haven't
sent her the photos for fear of what she'll say.

Before I send her the photos, I'd like to see if there is freeware that can
touch them up quickly and easily. I already use Irfanview and Paint.NET for
viewing and adding text respectively as Irfanview is the best quick
freeware viewer and Paint.Net freeware seems to do the best with quick
texting overall.

What freeware approach would you recommend for quick touching up of minor
pimples & other blemishes on a dozen JPEG portraits?

Any editor that has a cloning tool, sample an area with the right texture and
tones and clone it over the blemish.

You might also like a little freeware utility called ClearSkinFX from
Mediachance that does a pretty good overall job when you don't want to spend
time on details.

http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/cleanskin.htm

Old December 3rd 07, 07:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.technique.people
John Michaels

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 22:26:20 GMT, Paul Blarmy wrote:
PhotoToolKit has a special 'makeup' feature for just this purpose.
http://www.vicman.net/phototoolkit/phototoolkit_f.htm

Interesting.

The referenced vicman site required an email registration to get the path
of
http://files.vicman.net/phtkinst.exe

So I went to snapfiles instead for the same version 1.7 Photo Toolkit for
Winxp.
http://freealternative.wordpress.com...image-editing/

I said no when WinXP StartupMonitor freeware warned me about photo toolkit
"The program I&F Viewer toolbar has registered the executable
C:\bin\pic\edit\Photo Toolkit\ivbar\phototoolkitmem.exe -start
to run at system startup.
Do you wish to allow this change?"

Then an error occurred in the winxp photo toolkit installation saying
Setup: Unable to execute file:
http://www.vicman.net/installed.php?Title=Photo Toolkit&Version=1.7
ShellExecuteEx failed; code 2.

I generally have few problems installing winxp software.

If this vicman software either requires a startup item or if it must be
intalled into the hideously overbloated and under-organized idiotic
"Program Files" hierarchy, then it's probably not well-written software. Or
it could be that the snapfiles Photo Toolkit version 1.7 has an
installation bug in it. Or, I could have a problem with my system.

However, after OK'ing the error above, the lovely red-eye-reduction
"sample.jpg" of the mother, baby, and half-eaten peach ovary showed up and
the red-eye reduction button worked and the installation gave no other
errors.

Wierd huh?
Old December 3rd 07, 07:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.technique.people
John Michaels

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 13:56:54 -0600, Halversen Crowel wrote:
http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/cleanskin.htm

Interesting software. Thanks for the hint. This is a great start!

The clean skin installer says it only works on indo-europeans, while the
gal I'm touching up is black - but cleanskin seemed to work fine if I
unchecked the pink button. Still, the blemishes exist so I'm going to try
osme of the other suggested programs to remove pimples and blemishes from a
portrait.

Old December 3rd 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.technique.people
John Michaels

From: John Michaels
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.tech nique.people

The referenced vicman site required an email registration
simply to obtain a path of http://files.vicman.net/phtkinst.exe
Then an error occurred in the winxp photo toolkit installation saying
Setup: Unable to execute file:
http://www.vicman.net/installed.php?Title=Photo Toolkit&Version=1.7
ShellExecuteEx failed; code 2.

I reinstalled without errors using the freeware version from
http://www.photo-toolkit.com
which didn't require an email registration.

Photo Toolkit freeware seems to work nicely on black faces manually while
the suggested Clear Skin FX works fast automatically but not as well with
ebony skin.

Both seem like excellent choices. I noticed Photo Toolkit can also touch up
- spot healing for skin blemishes & pimples
- flash correction for shining skin
- healing scars
- whitening teeth
- smoothing wrinkles

PhotoToolkit freeware can even do manual caricatures and lighting effects.

I think we have a freeware digital photograph editing review winner!
Old December 5th 07, 05:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.technique.people
Susan Bugher

John Michaels wrote:
On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 22:26:20 GMT, Paul Blarmy wrote:

PhotoToolKit has a special 'makeup' feature for just this purpose.
http://www.vicman.net/phototoolkit/phototoolkit_f.htm

The referenced vicman site required an email registration to get the path
of
http://files.vicman.net/phtkinst.exe

Registration is optional.

The DL page is he
http://www.vicman.net/download.php?T...hoto%20Toolkit
Download this program free:
Please, fill the form to download Photo Toolkit.
Click here if you don't want to enter your personal information
/q

The entire last line (Click here etc.) is the download link:
http://files.vicman.net/phtkinst.exe

The "Your Name (required)" etc. "requirements" apply only *if* you
choose to fill in the form.

I wish the author would rework that page. It's confusing.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://www.google.com/advanced_group....comp.freeware

Freeware to touch up pimples & blemishes on feminine face shots John Michaels Digital Photography 7 December 5th 07 05:51 AM
Touch ball MJK Digital Photography 0 July 8th 07 08:34 AM
Freeware for reducing digital shots for email Don Digital Photography 5 December 27th 04 03:49 AM
Chuck's voice is EXTREMELY feminine Abdul Rajim Digital Photography 0 November 8th 04 04:47 AM
Touch up or re-do? LAJI Digital Photography 8 September 24th 04 04:49 AM