Windows 10 Experience

Old August 31st 15, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Windows 10 Experience

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

I'm not anti-10, but I have no further interest in the upgrade. I
suppose I'll have to accept 10 if and when I buy a new computer, but
that computer will assumedly have the right graphics card drivers.

if you have outdated drivers, then you should update them now.

Just to be clear, I *think* it was a graphics card driver but never
really determined that this was the problem with LR and PS, or that
this was the only problem. I didn't bother to re-install either app.
Because 10 was nothing special otherwise, I didn't pursue a solution
beyond a few steps.

in other words, there's a latent problem you're ignoring.
Old August 31st 15, 09:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

I'm not anti-10, but I have no further interest in the upgrade. I
suppose I'll have to accept 10 if and when I buy a new computer, but
that computer will assumedly have the right graphics card drivers.

if you have outdated drivers, then you should update them now.

Just to be clear, I *think* it was a graphics card driver but never
really determined that this was the problem with LR and PS, or that
this was the only problem. I didn't bother to re-install either app.
Because 10 was nothing special otherwise, I didn't pursue a solution
beyond a few steps.

in other words, there's a latent problem you're ignoring.

It's easy to ignore that which is not a problem. Using 7, there's no
problem.

just like you can ignore human diseases, then one day, it's too late to
do anything.

murphy says that something will go wrong and at the worst possible time.

why would anyone *not* want to fix a problem, or at least identify the
specific cause and determine just what the effects of ignoring it would
be?

I'm not even sure if it is a driver problem. I stated that. All I
know is that 10 threw LR and PS into "Not responding", and there were
no apparant advantages to 10. Easy call.

since adobe states that lr/ps are compatible with windows 10, the
problem must be with your setup.
Old August 31st 15, 11:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 8/31/2015 4:54 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

[...]

I read the same thing on the Internet, so it must be true.
And we all know that no software publisher ever lies, or spins.

--
PeterN
Old September 1st 15, 12:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I'm not even sure if it is a driver problem. I stated that. All I
know is that 10 threw LR and PS into "Not responding", and there were
no apparant advantages to 10. Easy call.

since adobe states that lr/ps are compatible with windows 10, the
problem must be with your setup.

I read the same thing on the Internet, so it must be true.
And we all know that no software publisher ever lies, or spins.

do you have proof that adobe is lying?

didn't think so.
Old September 1st 15, 01:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 8/31/2015 7:30 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

I'm not even sure if it is a driver problem. I stated that. All I
know is that 10 threw LR and PS into "Not responding", and there were
no apparant advantages to 10. Easy call.

since adobe states that lr/ps are compatible with windows 10, the
problem must be with your setup.

I read the same thing on the Internet, so it must be true.
And we all know that no software publisher ever lies, or spins.

do you have proof that adobe is lying?

didn't think so.

do you have proof they aren't spinning.

Didn't think so.

EOD

--
PeterN
Old September 1st 15, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 8/31/2015 8:45 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 16:54:47 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

[...]

You are here just for the argument again, I take it. I've been using
W-7, PS, and LR for quite some time without a problem. I have no
problem using W-7.

Why should I expend any effort whatsoever in resolving a problem that
only manifests itself on a platform that I'm not using and don't
intend to use?

Because the zealot says so.

Why are you bothering with this?

--
PeterN
Old September 1st 15, 02:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

I'm not even sure if it is a driver problem. I stated that. All I
know is that 10 threw LR and PS into "Not responding", and there were
no apparant advantages to 10. Easy call.

since adobe states that lr/ps are compatible with windows 10, the
problem must be with your setup.

You are here just for the argument again, I take it. I've been using
W-7, PS, and LR for quite some time without a problem. I have no
problem using W-7.

nobody said you did.

Why should I expend any effort whatsoever in resolving a problem that
only manifests itself on a platform that I'm not using and don't
intend to use?

because if your drivers are out of date or buggy or have some other
issue, then there may be a problem lurking.

photoshop and lightroom push the hardware to its limits. maybe you've
been lucky, or maybe you're experiencing a problem that you don't even
realize.

regardless, why wouldn't you want the latest updates to your drivers
and other system software???

do you ignore windows updates because you haven't had a problem? if so,
that's *really* bad since they include security patches.

Why are you bothering with this?

good question. maybe if your system crashes, there would be fewer
stupid posts.