Browser colour calibration issue

Old August 30th 15, 11:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default Browser colour calibration issue

Images in the browser (Firefox, IE, Opera - all the latest versions)
look different in ACDSee Ultimate 8, Pro 6 and other image processing
software. In the browsers they look much warmer (more yellowish).

The screen is an IPS panel and is calibrated (I used an Xrite device).
I'm quite puzzled. The images I'm talking about use the sRGB colour
space and have no inbuilt colour profile (they are meant to be for the
web). What causes these differences in how images are displayed?
--
Alfred Molon

Old August 31st 15, 01:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

I didn't think what you were describing was possible,
but I did some searching out of curiosity and found
various things. I still don't understand how something
like a browser can render an image differently, but
apparently it's possible.

At this link they're talking about having system-wide
color management:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...w7itprogeneral

On my own system the only color profile for my
monitor is the one specific to that monitor. If
you haven't "installed" your monitor that may
be worth a try. (It should show up is display
properties identifed by model.)

You didn't mention OS, so I'm guessing it's
Windows if you're using ACDSee, but both
OS and version may make a difference.

Also see he

https://hacks.mozilla.org/2009/06/color-correction/

Old August 31st 15, 01:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

I didn't think what you were describing was possible,
but I did some searching out of curiosity and found
various things. I still don't understand how something
like a browser can render an image differently, but
apparently it's possible.

if it's not colour managed, anything goes.
Old September 1st 15, 02:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Alfred
Molon wrote:

Maybe I know what the problem is. My web images are sRGB, but have no
embedded colour profile. This is what makes the difference.

that'll do it.

In the past you could post images to the web without an embedded colour
profile and the browser would treat them as sRGB. But it appears that
nowadays you must embed a colour profile, otherwise the images won't
display correctly in the browser. Quite interesting.

unless there's an embedded profile and the creator was using a colour
managed workflow, it's not possible for it to display correctly.

it might be close enough and/or the viewer might not care. most people
wouldn't know accurate colour if it bit them on the ass.