FS: Canon 10D Brand New Sealed in Box

Old July 13th 03, 04:32 PM
alee

Default FS: Canon 10D Brand New Sealed in Box

I purchased 2 of these, one for my friend. Took over a month to get and now
she doenst want it so I'm selling it. $1450 + shipping. It's brand new,
never been out of the box and comes with Canon USA warranty.

Old August 5th 03, 12:16 AM
Alex Roitman

Hi, just curious if there's a link where I can read about how you can
determine if a 10D is or is not affected by the faulty focusng problem based
on its serial number?

I mean I definitely heard about the problem but this is the first time I see
the "border serial number" criteria. I thought it was more like some people
were lucky and some were not.

Thanks.

Alex.
"Kenwood" wrote in message
What's the serial number?

Old August 5th 03, 02:53 AM
james

I think what some are talking about is that the early cameras had the
problem (bad QC) but, that has just about gone away. Pretty good for a
company building and shipping 30,000 of these things a month!! Not that
some cannot still get thru with the focus problem, but, I doubt that the
number is as high as it seemed at first. Also, a lot of the people buying
these cameras(including me) have never used a DSLR before , much less one
with this much control. So, some of those problems are user errors. Not
all, but, some.
If your waiting to buy because your concerned about getting a bad camera,
don't. Go ahead and buy one from a reputable dealer who has a good return
policy and is an authorized Canon dealer. I bought mine from an authorized
dealer. A friend bought his from the same place when they came out and got
one with the focuse problem, the dealer exchanged it , with no hassles at
all. And they (this dealer) is currently selling the 10D for $1,399.95
(plus tax if your in TExas).
james

"Alex Roitman" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
Hi, just curious if there's a link where I can read about how you can
determine if a 10D is or is not affected by the faulty focusng problem

based
on its serial number?

I mean I definitely heard about the problem but this is the first time I

see
the "border serial number" criteria. I thought it was more like some

people
were lucky and some were not.

Thanks.

Alex.