Owners or User Manual for

Old November 10th 05, 04:18 AM
Monty Bonner

Default Owners or User Manual for

Nikkor AF 80-400 F/4.5-5.6D ED VR lens please.

Please scan it in and post it. I purchased one used and the fellow did not
have the manual. It would be handy to know how all the buttons and switches
work correctly.

Not downloadable from Nikon, they are sending me one, but would like to use
the lens before the manual arrives.

Thank you in advance.

Monty

Old November 10th 05, 06:42 PM
AustinMN

DD said:
In article ,
says...

Nikkor AF 80-400 F/4.5-5.6D ED VR lens please.

Please scan it in and post it. I purchased one used and the fellow did not
have the manual. It would be handy to know how all the buttons and switches
work correctly.

Not downloadable from Nikon, they are sending me one, but would like to use
the lens before the manual arrives.

Thank you in advance.

Monty

Some people...

I can't imagine a lens so complicated I couldn't use it without a
manual (short of a telescope, maybe).

Austin

Old November 11th 05, 12:36 AM
Monty Bonner

"AustinMN" wrote in message
oups.com...
DD said:
In article ,
says...

Nikkor AF 80-400 F/4.5-5.6D ED VR lens please.

Please scan it in and post it. I purchased one used and the fellow did
not
have the manual. It would be handy to know how all the buttons and
switches
work correctly.

Not downloadable from Nikon, they are sending me one, but would like to
use
the lens before the manual arrives.

Thank you in advance.

Monty

Some people...

I can't imagine a lens so complicated I couldn't use it without a
manual (short of a telescope, maybe).

Austin

I don't need the manual to use the lens I want the manual, just like I want
the manual to a new car even though I know how to drive. Are you and Dallas
so stupid you would drive a new car home and not know where the light switch
or wipers are, yeah, I forgot, many people on this newsgroup, just keep
pushing the "Stupid Button".

I asked for information, not a load of ****, since after reading this NG for
about a month, it's a 50/50 split on weather someone "seeking real
assistance" get the information, instead, about half the time, they get a
load of ****, I am out of here, and all can wallow in their personal crap
cart.

Monty

Old November 11th 05, 02:19 AM
G.T.

"Monty Bonner" wrote in message

I don't need the manual to use the lens I want the manual, just like I

want
the manual to a new car even though I know how to drive.

IT IS NOT A CAR.

HTH, Greg

Old November 11th 05, 03:40 AM
bob crownfield

Monty Bonner wrote:

I don't need the manual to use the lens I want the manual, just like I want
the manual to a new car even though I know how to drive. Are you and Dallas
so stupid you would drive a new car home and not know where the light switch
or wipers are, yeah, I forgot, many people on this newsgroup, just keep
pushing the "Stupid Button".

so what is confusing you? what do you need explained?

how to connect it to the camera?

the focus knob?
the zoom ring?
the aperture setting?
the manual / auto focus?

what did I leave out?

I asked for information, I am out of here,
and all can wallow in their personal crap cart.

don't let the door...

Monty

Old November 11th 05, 05:12 PM
AustinMN

Then, Monty Bonner wrote:
I don't need the manual to use the lens I want the manual,

Of course, the rest of us are the assholes.

Austin

Old November 11th 05, 10:38 PM
Pete D

I can't imagine a lens so complicated I couldn't use it without a
manual (short of a telescope, maybe).

Austin

I don't need the manual to use the lens I want the manual, just like I
want the manual to a new car even though I know how to drive. Are you and
Dallas so stupid you would drive a new car home and not know where the
light switch or wipers are, yeah, I forgot, many people on this newsgroup,
just keep pushing the "Stupid Button".

I asked for information, not a load of ****, since after reading this NG
for about a month, it's a 50/50 split on weather someone "seeking real
assistance" get the information, instead, about half the time, they get a
load of ****, I am out of here, and all can wallow in their personal crap
cart.

Monty

Monty,

I can see your want for the manual, I would want it too but it looks like
you have indeed become one of the people that you complain about.

Relax man.