are you a New Yorker visiting London?

Old December 13th 04, 10:58 PM
Viktor

Default are you a New Yorker visiting London?

Hi all,
I am young photography student from London UK and I need a BIG favour.
The digital equipment here is beyond my budget and I wanted to ask someone
visiting London to bring me two small items.

To make it worth your while I can:
- pick you up from either Heathrow or Gatwick airport and drive you to a
London destination free of charge
- offer you a weekends accommodation in central London for free
- pay $150 for you help
I could even take you to a good pub in Kings road for a pint of Guinness

If you could do with one of the above, or a just a kind soul wanting to help
me out read on...

This is the large photography store in NY city:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com

I need the following equipment :

-Canon eos 20D : $1499
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...1&sq=desc&Init
ialSearch=yes&O=SearchBar&A=search&Q=*&shs=eos+20d

-Canon 24-70L f2.8 lens : $1095
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...1&sq=desc&Init
ialSearch=yes&O=SearchBar&A=search&Q=*&shs=ef+24-70

Total cost : $2594

This is not some sort of scam, as I will pay cash when I meet you at the
airport.
Please bring the receipts.
I'd travel to New York myself and buy the goods, but the flight cost and the
hotel would wipe out
what I could save.

Please please help me out.
I'd be ever so grateful, and you may even make a friend in London

Victor

Old December 13th 04, 11:32 PM
Bob Salomon

"Viktor" wrote:

Total cost : $2594

This is not some sort of scam, as I will pay cash when I meet you at the
airport.
Please bring the receipts.
I'd travel to New York myself and buy the goods, but the flight cost and the
hotel would wipe out
what I could save.

Please please help me out.
I'd be ever so grateful, and you may even make a friend in London

Victor

OK, I'll bite. Why not just place an order with the store yourself? They
ship worldwide every day.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

Old December 13th 04, 11:40 PM
PeterL

"Bob Salomon" wrote in message
"Viktor" wrote:

Total cost : $2594

This is not some sort of scam, as I will pay cash when I meet you at the
airport.
Please bring the receipts.
I'd travel to New York myself and buy the goods, but the flight cost and

the
hotel would wipe out
what I could save.

Please please help me out.
I'd be ever so grateful, and you may even make a friend in London

Victor

OK, I'll bite. Why not just place an order with the store yourself? They
ship worldwide every day.

Customs.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

Old December 13th 04, 11:43 PM
Ken Weitzel

Bob Salomon wrote:

In article ,
"Viktor" wrote:

Total cost : $2594

This is not some sort of scam, as I will pay cash when I meet you at the
airport.
Please bring the receipts.
I'd travel to New York myself and buy the goods, but the flight cost and the
hotel would wipe out
what I could save.

Please please help me out.
I'd be ever so grateful, and you may even make a friend in London

Victor

OK, I'll bite. Why not just place an order with the store yourself? They
ship worldwide every day.

Hi...

Reason is simple... they (his government) will charge him
an arm and a leg in taxes on the purchase.

He's looking for someone (American) to buy a camera,
then before even so much as taking it out of the box
go on vacation to London. Where, of course, they misplace
the camera.

Ken

Old December 13th 04, 11:45 PM
Charles Schuler

Customs.

And if you get inspected at Heathrow, will Victor be there to keep you from
going to jail in Merry Old Britain?

Old December 13th 04, 11:45 PM
Charles Schuler

Old December 13th 04, 11:49 PM
Bob Salomon

In article WOpvd.481045$Pl.404886@pd7tw1no,
Ken Weitzel wrote:

Reason is simple... they (his government) will charge him
an arm and a leg in taxes on the purchase.

So bring a new, in the box, camera and lens and just go through the
green line. Wonder what would happen should Customs decide to check the
gift bringer.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.