Here's the rec.photo.digital anonymous troll.

Old July 13th 04, 05:44 AM
Lionel

Default Here's the rec.photo.digital anonymous troll.

Kibo informs me that (Orville Wright)
stated that:

"Steve Young" wrote in message ...
I'm glad to see you have the perseverance to continue reporting the news. I
very much appreciate your updates Orville, and hope you're not terribly
disappointed with what you see. Somehow, we need to get the *me* *me* *me* out
of this,... I'm not sure that can happen (personally, I *like* the 'little
fella'

I neither like nor dislike Barney. I don't know the fellow in real
life. I DO NOT LIKE what I see of him on Usenet. OK, I may be kooky
and annoying to many people, but at least I keep it real. I am myself,
and I am not trying to masquerade as a superhero like Barney is trying
(unsuccessfully) to do. That is what bugs me about him the most....his
inconsistencies; his double-talk; his finger-pointing without hard
proof; his schizophrenia.

Dear news.groupies: 'Orville' is RPD's anonymous troll. 'Orville' is one
of his many, many xposting sock-puppets. As you can see from this
thread, he & Steve Young are playing a "Good Cop, Bad Cop" routine.
There is lots of circumstantial evidence that Steve Young, the Google
sock-puppets & the anonymous porno-troll are all the same person[0], but
no proof.

'Orville's posts are usually from freebie Google accounts, posted via a
series of open web proxies to conceal his identity & make it look like
his various sock-puppets are different people.
The troll uses his Google accounts to post flamebait from RPD to dozens
of other newsgroups to ensure that several new xposted flame threads
start every day.
He makes all his Google identities as similar as possible to those of
group regulars in the hope of inciting flameage against those regulars.
The 'froged' threads that were xposted here are good examples of his
usual style.
He's run recruiting drives in the various flame groups in order to
kickstart a newsgroup invasion of RPD, but the Snuhtards have so far
been the only 'flame' group stupid & unethical enough to be suckered
into doing his work for him.
His favourite harassment tactic is to Google for every group that his
current targets have ever posted to, create a Google account that looks
as similar as possible to the victim's identity, then xpost flamage
between RPD & the victim's other newsgroups.
Complaints to Google for TOS violations either get an ignore-bot
response, or a lie from Google to say that they've closed the account
when they actually haven't. This is something I'm discussing with a
couple of Google's news-peers.

He posts his really net-abusive stuff via various anon remailers &
mail2news gateways, such as the posts containing peoples' home
addresses, phone numbers, & the fake 'for sale' ads, etc.

He is living proof that the Standard Advice simply doesn't work against
someone who's certifiably sociopathic & obsessive-compulsive.

'Orville' et al will have a field-day in news.groups if he decides that
y'all aren't doing what he wants. If that should occur, I'll be most
interested to see how long you can manage to apply the Standard Advice.

[0] For example, in a heated thread with 'Organizer' (one of the many
anon-troll sock-puppets), Steve accidentally posted an 'Organizer'
response from his regular posting account, rather than via 'Organzer's
anon remailer. Other examples are when the troll has lost track of his
pool of open proxies & Google accounts, & has written a post from the
'wrong' IP address.

Old July 16th 04, 05:45 AM
The Dave©

Default What Can Improve Usenet? (Alan Browne's Hijacked RPE35mm Charter/Rules/FAQ)

"Wilbur" wrote:
a bunch of drivel

This is like watchig a psychological train wreck.

--
Whose cruel idea was it to put an 's' in the word lisp?
Old July 17th 04, 05:22 AM
Orville Wright

(Wilbur) wrote in message om...

"Steve Young" wrote in message ...

I may be a little odd, but I've gained a great deal of respect for
the majority of k00ks, flamers and trolls. Much of the time, most of them
seem to abide by at least a loose code of ethics. Most are fun loving
people with seemingly higher intelligence than the average.
Their wit can be downright knee slapping funny and often they tell a story
with it. To me, Usenet wouldn't be Usenet without them

Thank you Steve. We like you too. ))

There are several options to encourage reducing noise, but
myself, I'm really down on strict moderation as a cure. Too many man-hours
are tied up nannying group messages and the potential for skewing the
natural flow is too great.

We are in agreement.

I've been trying to
organize a couple of rec.photo.* groups to become self governing bodies
for some time now, and it is a constant struggle to hold the type of
discussions that are needed to achieve the goal. The Dog Pack Leader keeps
telling me to take my off topic discussion out of the group!

Would you be referring to Alan Browne and his (unauthorized)
self-proclaimed rewritten rec.photo.equipment.35mm charter/FAQ?

http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm

Lame. Homeboy's website needs a facelift.

--
WW

.------,
=\ \
.---. =\ \
| WB \ =\ \
| `----------'------'----------,
.' .-.The Wright Brotherz .-.[]`-.
\ _/.____|_|______.------,______|_|_____)
/ /
=/ /
=/ /
=/ /
/_____,'

--

/\
|WB|
Old July 27th 04, 07:04 PM
Roland Karlsson

Default What Can Improve Usenet?

"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote in news:loydnao3LsGhCpvcRVn-
:

So how does this change the validity of what Mike said?

And why are Skip not allowed to tell Mike that the
offensive mail was not actually coming from Gordon?

Sounds like a very nice thing to do to me.

And why are you crossposting to so many groups?

/Roland