Not mine

Old October 19th 05, 02:15 AM
ng_reader

Default Not mine

But if I were still buying 35mm stuff, and wanted manual, the price would be
tempting:

item=7553818578 on ebay

Old October 19th 05, 06:00 AM
Lance LaFrinier

"ng_reader" wrote in message
But if I were still buying 35mm stuff, and wanted manual, the price would
be
tempting:

Yeah...when I saw $102 for a Nikon EM I thought maybe you lost your
mind...then the picture of his "EM" came into view.

I am torn. Maybe I'll try for it.

Old October 19th 05, 12:57 PM
no_name

Lance LaFrinier wrote:

"ng_reader" wrote in message

But if I were still buying 35mm stuff, and wanted manual, the price would
be
tempting:

Yeah...when I saw $102 for a Nikon EM I thought maybe you lost your
mind...then the picture of his "EM" came into view.

I am torn. Maybe I'll try for it.

Interesting exchange in the comments & questions --

Q: It's not an EM, it's a more valuable F2. You should stop the auction
and re-list ... And you should list the other lens separately ...

A: Thanks for the info, but someone has already bid on it, so I'll
continue and take my lumps.

A bit of integrity on ebay. Wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it myself.
Old October 21st 05, 12:26 AM
ng_reader

"no_name" wrote in message
. com...
Lance LaFrinier wrote:

"ng_reader" wrote in message

But if I were still buying 35mm stuff, and wanted manual, the price

would
be
tempting:

Yeah...when I saw $102 for a Nikon EM I thought maybe you lost your
mind...then the picture of his "EM" came into view.

I am torn. Maybe I'll try for it.

Interesting exchange in the comments & questions --

Q: It's not an EM, it's a more valuable F2. You should stop the auction
and re-list ... And you should list the other lens separately ...

A: Thanks for the info, but someone has already bid on it, so I'll
continue and take my lumps.

A bit of integrity on ebay. Wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it

myself.

That's what made me post. Of course, being the cynic, I wouldn't discount
that as a red herring.

OK sale price. Ebay does have treasures, many of which go completely
unnoticed.

And I know that I have sold things personally that went for a steal, just
because I thought maybe I was helping, as opposed to trying to be a
capitalist.