[SI] - Mandate - Wet

Old December 14th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

Default [SI] - Mandate - Wet

The new mandate is from Mardon,
Find something that's generally dry and take a photo of it when it's
wet. Photos of females in wet T-shirts are not allowed because it
would be too easy to get favorable comments from reviewing males even
if the photo's technical quality is garbage. Other than that, put on
your raincoat, grab your umbrella and go for it!

Sample photo from Mardon:
http://www.justphotos.ca/galleries/m...ges/013781.jpg

Due on January 2, 2007

Some weepy inspirational material
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wet

Rulz at
http://si.jlkramer.net/rulz/rulz.htm

It's not too late to become part of the machine -
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/machine

Jim

Old December 16th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Skip

www.pbase.com/skipm
"JimKramer" wrote in message
ups.com...
The new mandate is from Mardon,
Find something that's generally dry and take a photo of it when it's
wet. Photos of females in wet T-shirts are not allowed because it
would be too easy to get favorable comments from reviewing males even
if the photo's technical quality is garbage.

Drat!
http://www.pbase.com/skipm/image/65444762/large

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old December 16th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Al Denelsbeck

"Skip" wrote in news:3zXgh.25175$B42.11070
@newsfe12.phx:

www.pbase.com/skipm
"JimKramer" wrote in message
ups.com...
The new mandate is from Mardon,
Find something that's generally dry and take a photo of it when it's
wet. Photos of females in wet T-shirts are not allowed because it
would be too easy to get favorable comments from reviewing males even
if the photo's technical quality is garbage.

Drat!
http://www.pbase.com/skipm/image/65444762/large

Don't look like no T-shirt to me. Go for it.

Hey, Mardon! What if we *all* submitted wet T-shirts? Does that
circumvent favoritism?

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old December 17th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Mardon

Al Denelsbeck wrote in
46.128:

Hey, Mardon! What if we *all* submitted wet T-shirts? Does that
circumvent favoritism?

- Al.

Works for me but I guess most of the male reviewers will conclude there's a
unanimous tie for 1st place.
Old December 17th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert

"Mardon" wrote in message
. 130...
Al Denelsbeck wrote in
46.128:

Hey, Mardon! What if we *all* submitted wet T-shirts? Does that
circumvent favoritism?

- Al.

Works for me but I guess most of the male reviewers will conclude there's
unanimous tie for 1st place.

Sounds like it will be a stiff competition that will be graded on the
curve. Where the first prize entree will be given more polling votes.

Robert

Old December 18th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Mardon" wrote in message
. 130...
Al Denelsbeck wrote in
46.128:

Hey, Mardon! What if we *all* submitted wet T-shirts? Does that
circumvent favoritism?

- Al.

Works for me but I guess most of the male reviewers will conclude there's
unanimous tie for 1st place.

I think wet tee shirts should be OK, but there shouldn't be anybody in