Ektachrome/Elitechrome Processing

Old May 7th 12, 02:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Michael[_6_]

Default Ektachrome/Elitechrome Processing

With the death of Ektachrome/Elitechrome announced, I bought a few
rolls to use and freeze from B&H. Most of the labs i've used for
processing have stopped E4 and there is nothing local at all. I used
Dwayne when they were doing the Only Remaining Kodachrome processing
but always thought their E4 was not as good as their K14.

Anyone have a mail order source of a reliable quality E4 processing lab
for this last of the Ektachromes? I don't need push processing, just by
the book exposure in a Nikon F.
--
Michael

Old May 7th 12, 03:37 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
K W Hart

"Michael" wrote in message
With the death of Ektachrome/Elitechrome announced, I bought a few rolls
to use and freeze from B&H. Most of the labs i've used for processing have
stopped E4 and there is nothing local at all. I used Dwayne when they were
doing the Only Remaining Kodachrome processing but always thought their E4
was not as good as their K14.

Anyone have a mail order source of a reliable quality E4 processing lab
for this last of the Ektachromes? I don't need push processing, just by
the book exposure in a Nikon F.
--
Michael

If I'm not mistaken (and I could be!), Ektachrome is E6 process. And E6
"kits" of chemistry are available from darkroom supply sources. Such kits
may have sufficient chems to develope about 6 rolls, more or less, and may
sell for around $25. Separate E6 chemicals are available in bulk from
photolab supply sources; personally, I'd recommend Trebla chems from CPAC.

If you are searching for E4 processing, I think you will find it nearly
non-existant. Except for some specialty labs, like FIlm Rescue International
in Canada. Finding E6 processors shouldn't be too difficult, depending on
where you are in the world.

--
Ken Hart

Old May 7th 12, 01:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Michael wrote,on my timestamp of 7/05/2012 11:10 AM:

and freeze from B&H. Most of the labs i've used for processing have stopped E4

E6 is what you need, not E4.

Go to Ken Rockwell's site and see the add there for companies that will devcelop
and scan without the slightest problem.
Old May 7th 12, 10:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

On 2012-05-06 21:10 , Michael wrote:
With the death of Ektachrome/Elitechrome announced, I bought a few rolls
to use and freeze from B&H. Most of the labs i've used for processing
have stopped E4 and there is nothing local at all. I used Dwayne when

E-6. Most large cities have processors - though fewer (I have two
sources in Montreal left from about 7 five years ago).

--
"A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds."
-Samuel Clemens.

Old May 7th 12, 11:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Michael[_6_]

Yup. E4 was a blast from the 1970s past. I meant E6. But I still want a
very reliable E6 lab.
--
Michael

Old May 26th 12, 01:34 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Mon, 7 May 2012 18:05:23 -0400, Michael wrote:
: Yup. E4 was a blast from the 1970s past. I meant E6. But I still want a
: very reliable E6 lab.

I'm told that Colortek in Boston does Ektachrome. I haven't used them for
that, but a colleague at work has. I have had framing-quality prints done at
Colortek, with excellent results.

Bob
Old May 28th 12, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Michael[_6_]

On 2012-05-26 12:34:22 +0000, Robert Coe said:

On Mon, 7 May 2012 18:05:23 -0400, Michael wrote:
: Yup. E4 was a blast from the 1970s past. I meant E6. But I still want a
: very reliable E6 lab.

I'm told that Colortek in Boston does Ektachrome. I haven't used them for
that, but a colleague at work has. I have had framing-quality prints done at
Colortek, with excellent results.

Bob

Thanks. They are relatively local.
--