sd memory cards

Old November 26th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
stillsexc44

Default sd memory cards

I'd like to know if there is a difference between 2gb sd memory card and sd
lightning speed memory card same gb

--
stillsexc44

Old November 26th 07, 10:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
David J Taylor[_4_]

stillsexc44 wrote:
I'd like to know if there is a difference between 2gb sd memory card
and sd lightning speed memory card same gb

"It depends".

The higher speed card may read more quickly into your computer, if you
card read is fast enough.

The higher speed card may be required for using some of the video modes in
you particular camera, or for fastest burst mode.

You really need to specify what camera, and what cards you are talking
about. Even cards with the same speed rating can perform quite
differently in actual use, so it may be a question of suck it and see.

Cheers,
David

Old November 26th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
stillsexc44 via PhotoKB.com

David, I have a kodak Z1275 that has 12.0mp and 5x zoom it does have video on
it, and I guess that's what you were referring to about speed needs. I went
to walmart today and brought a 2gb sd card from kodak for 12.88 not bad huh.
but it's not the high speed I guess I would need the high speed if I wanted
to take video with my camera.

Old November 26th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
ray

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 20:47:46 +0000, stillsexc44 via PhotoKB.com wrote:

David, I have a kodak Z1275 that has 12.0mp and 5x zoom it does have video on
it, and I guess that's what you were referring to about speed needs. I went
to walmart today and brought a 2gb sd card from kodak for 12.88 not bad huh.
but it's not the high speed I guess I would need the high speed if I wanted
to take video with my camera.

I'd try it first; I doubt it will make much difference.

Old November 26th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
David J Taylor[_4_]

stillsexc44 via PhotoKB.com wrote:
David, I have a kodak Z1275 that has 12.0mp and 5x zoom it does have
video on it, and I guess that's what you were referring to about
speed needs. I went to walmart today and brought a 2gb sd card from
kodak for 12.88 not bad huh. but it's not the high speed I guess I
would need the high speed if I wanted to take video with my camera.

As Ray says, try it and see. Personally, I would not buy a card today
without at least knowing its speed rating, and preferably one rated at at
least 66X (10MB/s), as the extra cost for high-speed cards is very little,
and the performance penalty when downloading to your PC can be quite high.
SanDisk Ultra II would be my minimum choice.

Cheers,
David

Old November 29th 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
measekite

Oh yeah, one is as fast as lightening and the other does not have as much thunder.

Old November 29th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
measekite

stillsexc44 via PhotoKB.com wrote:

David, I have a kodak Z1275 that has 12.0mp and 5x zoom it does have video on it, and I guess that's what you were referring to about speed needs. I went to walmart today and brought a 2gb sd card from kodak for 12.88 not bad huh. but it's not the high speed I guess I would need the high speed if I wanted to take video with my camera.

I think that there are multiple speeds lower than high speed.  It sounds like if it is that cheap it must be one of the real slow varieties.