Kodak E100S

Old August 3rd 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
[email protected]

Default Kodak E100S

Hello.

What can you tell me about this film? What can I except from it. Is it
better or worse than Provia 100F? Is litter "S" means that this film
is more saturated ?

MAR

Old August 3rd 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Greg \_\

In article ,
"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:

Bill Tuthill wrote:
wrote:

What can you tell me about this film? What can I expect from it.
Is it better or worse than Provia 100F? Does letter "S" mean that
this film is more saturated ?

E100S has been replaced by E100G, so if you have a roll of E100S,
it has expired. If not continuously refrigerated, I would discard it.
If continuously refrigerated, you can expect a film with more grain
than Provia 100F, but nice colors, and less tendency to go blue.
S means saturated in comparison to other Kodak films such as EPN.
SW is its "warm" counterpart. Here's a comparison with sample scans:

I can tell you that E100G has a tendency towards blue. Certain lighting can
avoid it ... but it is a very blue biased film overall.

Rather than use E100G, I would use Fuji Astia or even Sensia.

That would depend on the intended use.

Rather than use E100GX, I would use Fuji Provia

That would depend on the intended use.

Rather than use E100VS, I would use Fuji Velvia (not 100F)

That would depend on the intended use, although 50 versus 100
one stop slower is one stop slower and RVP goes reddish the longer
exposed for. YMMV.

In my opinion you will save money and get better results.

You save money if the results aren't what one wants?
--
Reality-Is finding that perfect picture
and never looking back.

www.gregblankphoto.com
Old August 4th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Thomas T. Veldhouse

"Greg \"_\"" wrote:

In my opinion you will save money and get better results.

You save money if the results aren't what one wants?

In my opion you get better results. Saving money is an added plus. My
experience with E100G is alright, but like it was mentioned, it tends towards
blue. The blue cast is very noticable when scanning.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old August 4th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Bill Tuthill

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

I can't see why there should be a difference in labs as far as
E-6 development goes and color.

The new Fuji 5- and 6-layer slide films (Astia 100F and Velvia 100/100F)
seem to require different development times and/or chemical mixtures, and
might pollute Kodak slide films in the same line. Or so I have heard.
This could explain why E100G would look blue.

There's a lot of information about this in the photo.net film Q&A forum.
I don't use slide film much, so I did not pay close attention.

Even print film processes are not totally standard. Fuji CN-16 generally
produces about 5% higher contrast than Kodak C-41.

Old August 7th 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Bill Tuthill wrote:
Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

I can't see why there should be a difference in labs as far as
E-6 development goes and color.

The new Fuji 5- and 6-layer slide films (Astia 100F and Velvia 100/100F)
seem to require different development times and/or chemical mixtures, and
might pollute Kodak slide films in the same line. Or so I have heard.
This could explain why E100G would look blue.

That's BS. It would no longer be straight E-6 chemistry and they could not
label it as such. I wasn't able to find anything on a casual google search,
and I suspect you may have been reading hear say [or heresy].

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse