viewing images on laptop before i shoot the photo

Old February 3rd 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default viewing images on laptop before i shoot the photo

I've just got the Canon Marks 1Ds and a new G4 Powerbook to work with
it. I would like to see on my computer the same image I see on my view
finder before I shoot the picture. If you have any knowledge, I will
appreciate your input and experience on the subject.

Thank you.

Old February 3rd 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"marcosantiago" schreef in bericht
oups.com...
I've just got the Canon Marks 1Ds and a new G4 Powerbook to work with
it. I would like to see on my computer the same image I see on my view
finder before I shoot the picture. If you have any knowledge, I will
appreciate your input and experience on the subject.

Thank you.

Take the Canon back to the shop and buy yourself a compact.
Or this one http://www.dpreview.com/news/0601/06...se330evolt.asp
The only alternative is to break out the Canon's mirror and set in Bulb. But
that will destroy your cmos.

There is software for remote control that allows you to make a preview shot
on screen without recording.
http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro/index.htm

Aad

Old February 3rd 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Have you looked into Canon's Digital Photo Professional add in called EOS
Capture? It won't let you have a live display, but your images appear on
your laptop or monitor right away. Since the camera and computer most likely
will be close together anyway, connected by USB cable, you'll see your image
quickly. Also, you'll have your image data and camera controls available in
the DPP program.

Hope this helps,
Dave

oups.com...

Old February 4th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

If you look around, there is a hardware solution that is supposed to
work but I have never see anyone who used one. It slides onto the
eyepiece and looks right into the camera as you would. Of course, then
you can't look inside. That's the tradeoff. But it does what you
want. I would check by googling or calling B&H. Maybe someone else
will know what it's called.

Old February 4th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Pat wrote:

If you look around, there is a hardware solution that is supposed to
work but I have never see anyone who used one. It slides onto the
eyepiece and looks right into the camera as you would. Of course, then
you can't look inside. That's the tradeoff. But it does what you
want. I would check by googling or calling B&H. Maybe someone else
will know what it's called.

Ha ha, you could point a pocket digital at the viewfinder (I've actually
done this) but I don't think that's really what he wants. Remote control
software and test shots works very nicely; it's an excellent way to
refine an image. For framing, just stick your eye on the camera & adjust
the tripod.
Old February 7th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

In article ,
says...

Have you looked into Canon's Digital Photo Professional add in called EOS
Capture? It won't let you have a live display, but your images appear on
your laptop or monitor right away. Since the camera and computer most likely
will be close together anyway, connected by USB cable, you'll see your image
quickly. Also, you'll have your image data and camera controls available in
the DPP program.

Hope this helps,
Dave

"marcosantiago" wrote in message
roups.com...
I've just got the Canon Marks 1Ds and a new G4 Powerbook to work with
it. I would like to see on my computer the same image I see on my view
finder before I shoot the picture. If you have any knowledge, I will
appreciate your input and experience on the subject.

Thank you.

And, while it might not be in "real-time," you can make corrections and shoot
again. One of the great things about digital capture, is that you can just
Delete the previous image, and no on knows that you even took it.

For years, there have been 16mm & 35mm cameras, with a real-time video feed
for the director to view on a monitor, but not with a dSLR. My next question
is why,exactly, do you want this feature?

I use Nikon Capture 4.x for computer-aided photography, but, like the Canon
software mentioned, it's not real-time preview, only what you just shot!

Hunt