I pity Askey and Dpreview

Old August 25th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
irwell

Default I pity Askey and Dpreview

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 00:11:44 -0000, Charlie Self
wrote:

On Aug 24, 6:21 pm, John Bean wrote:
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 19:12:23 -0000, Charlie Self

wrote:
I wouldn't go that far, but evidently I'm banned, and I don't have any
idea why.

Now that does surprise me Charlie, I'd never have put you
down as one of those likely to attract a ban, unlike Rich.

Too bad. I guess it's over to Steve's.

Hmm. Not a forum I've ever liked, the interface annoys me.

--
John Bean

Yeah, me, too. I like Steve's well enough, but I'm used to DPR, and
getting old enough to prefer to not change.

Oddly enough, when I opened DPReview a short while ago, I could post.
Short ban? Some kind of glitch? Who knows. I sure don't.

Go figure.

Probably need the business, they do survive on the number
of hits, aka referrals.

They are good forums, some are better than others for
common sense and tolerance.
Old August 25th 07, 10:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Bean

wrote:

Oddly enough, when I opened DPReview a short while ago, I could post.
Short ban? Some kind of glitch? Who knows. I sure don't.

Who indeed. I've never had it happen to me but I have known
it happen to others. In one case it was almost certainly a
ban on the (dynamic) IP address that was in use at the time
rather than the individual concerned.

--
John Bean
Old August 25th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Aug 24, 5:07 am, John Bean wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 17:49:41 -0700, RichA

wrote:
Askey's a millionaire now many times over thanks the the Amazon
acquisition of his site, but how now is Phil going to keep kissing
Canon's ass beyond all reason with these new Nikons in the picture??

Still banned then Rich? Still got hurt pride?

LOL.
--
John Bean

No, I can't wait for the next breathless "newsflash" from them
announcing a pre-announcement about an announcement that Canon is
announcing a release of a software patch.....

Old August 25th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

wrote:
I wouldn't go that far, but evidently I'm banned, and I don't have any
idea why.

Now that does surprise me Charlie, I'd never have put you
down as one of those likely to attract a ban, unlike Rich.

Too bad. I guess it's over to Steve's.

Hmm. Not a forum I've ever liked, the interface annoys me.

--
John Bean

More interested in looks than content. That explains a lot.

Old August 25th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Default Abject love affair with Canon (ad money) continues....

On Aug 24, 3:00 am, Gearóid Muar wrote:
On Aug 24, 1:49 am, RichA wrote:

Askey's a millionaire now many times over thanks the the Amazon
acquisition of his site, but how now is Phil going to keep kissing
Canon's ass beyond all reason with these new Nikons in the picture??

Well I've read DPreveiw for years and I don't know what you're talking
about. I've always seen his reviews as fair. One thing I don't like,
however, is the use of "above average" for terrible. Average should
mean right in the middle as regards quality.

Phil: "I love you Canon, I want to bear your children!!!"

Beta images just came out for the 40D. Wasn't there some talk about
NOT releasing this stuff and waiting for the PRODUCTION camera to
produce them?

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07...40dsamples.asp

Old August 31st 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

RichA wrote:
Askey's a millionaire now many times over thanks the the Amazon
acquisition of his site, but how now is Phil going to keep kissing
Canon's ass beyond all reason with these new Nikons in the picture??

_____________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Do not feed the |
/ O O\__ | trolls. Thank you. |
/ \ | --Mgt. |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

--
Ray Fischer

Old August 31st 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
cjcampbell

On Aug 24, 12:00 am, Gearóid Muar wrote:
On Aug 24, 1:49 am, RichA wrote:

Askey's a millionaire now many times over thanks the the Amazon
acquisition of his site, but how now is Phil going to keep kissing
Canon's ass beyond all reason with these new Nikons in the picture??

Well I've read DPreveiw for years and I don't know what you're talking
about. I've always seen his reviews as fair. One thing I don't like,
however, is the use of "above average" for terrible. Average should
mean right in the middle as regards quality.

Truly. When was the last time a camera was below 'average?' Perhaps
Askey should go to rating them with stars or something.

Old August 31st 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
cjcampbell

On Aug 24, 1:49 am, RichA wrote:

Askey's a millionaire now many times over thanks the the Amazon
acquisition of his site, but how now is Phil going to keep kissing
Canon's ass beyond all reason with these new Nikons in the picture??

Well I've read DPreveiw for years and I don't know what you're talking
about.

Rich does not know what he is talking about, either.

Old August 31st 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
cjcampbell

On Aug 31, 6:07 am, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
RichA wrote:
[...]

Aw, I want to knock them off the bridge!

Old September 1st 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Aug 24, 1:49 am, RichA wrote:

Askey's a millionaire now many times over thanks the the Amazon
acquisition of his site, but how now is Phil going to keep kissing
Canon's ass beyond all reason with these new Nikons in the picture??

Well I've read DPreveiw for years and I don't know what you're talking
about.

Rich does not know what he is talking about, either.

You on Phil:
"No, not a man, a God, a Great God!"