B&H has worse customer service than i thought

Old January 30th 04, 09:19 PM
bozak

Default B&H has worse customer service than i thought

"Stephen H. Westin" wrote in message
(bozak) writes:

snip

now B&H on the other hand... i would expect an apology and them
actually sending me the discs that they caused me to miss out on
as far as the rebate is concerned...

You didn't miss the rebate, didn't you? Someone posted the URL to
get the form, which is what you need. In case you missed it, that's

http://www.schaeferstv.com/updates/R..._to_3-31-04_-_
10_Free_DVD_Writables_-_DMRE100HS.pdf

snip

orignial post... hopes this helps...

I bought a Panasonic stand alone dvd recorder from them
(their top of the line unit for the home consumer) and it came
when they said it would. This product came with a rebate
from Panasonic which included 2 DVD-RAM and 8 DVD-R
discs. When i bought the recorder they had the rebate form
on their site for downloading. Once I received the product
I went back to the site and it was no longer there. I spent
a ridiculous amount of time waiting on their phone lines for
someone to talk too. Never happened. I sent three emails to
them. One to the guy who sold it to me (he forwarded it to
the so called customer service department), and two to their
customer service department, both of which went unanswered.

The whole problem with the matter is that Panasonic is no
longer participating in the rebate, but I called Panasonic and
they told me that they would honor the rebate if B&H sent me
the form. This isn't a huge problem, but if they cant take the
time out to send me a rebate form through fax or email, I wonder
what would happen if I had a real problem that they needed
to fix. Their customer service department is none existent.

I'm now in the market for an external Sony 510UL dvd recorder.
I told the guy who i intially bought the Panasonic recorder that
I would buy it from them if all went well with that purchase.
I would buy it from them if i was into aggravation.

Just in case they want to say I'm lying about it, this is
their reference number...

control no. 109178360

They are good for communicating with you as long as you
have received your product. Once you receive it you are
on your own.

Old January 30th 04, 11:28 PM
Crownfield

(bozak) writes:

snip

now B&H on the other hand... i would expect an apology and them
actually sending me the discs that they caused me to miss out on
as far as the rebate is concerned...

You didn't miss the rebate, didn't you? Someone posted the URL to
get the form, which is what you need. In case you missed it, that's

http://www.schaeferstv.com/updates/R..._to_3-31-04_-_
10_Free_DVD_Writables_-_DMRE100HS.pdf

snip

you said you could not get a rebate.
it ends in about a month.
does the above help solve your rebate problem or not?

yet more whining snipped...
Old January 31st 04, 03:14 AM
Ryan

" bozak" wrote in message ...

When i bought the recorder they had the rebate form
on their site for downloading. Once I received the product
I went back to the site and it was no longer there.

First, why didn't you print the rebate form when you ordered? Why did
you wait? Rebates usually have two deadlines: the first is the actual
offer, the second is the date you must have the form postmarked by.

It sounds as though B&H took the rebate down because the first
deadline passed. If so, neither B&H or Panasonic is obligated to honor
the rebate, even if you could mail it by the postal deadline.

I spent
a ridiculous amount of time waiting on their phone lines for
someone to talk too. Never happened.

What is a "ridiculous amount of time waiting"? Was it waiting for a
customer service representative to take your call? Guess what, if all
reps are on the phone, you have to wait. Stay on the line. Hanging up
is just like leaving the line at a busy store; you must go to the back
again when you return.

I sent three emails to
them. One to the guy who sold it to me (he forwarded it to
the so called customer service department), and two to their
customer service department, both of which went unanswered.

Then get on the phone and call.

The whole problem with the matter is that Panasonic is no
longer participating in the rebate, but I called Panasonic and
they told me that they would honor the rebate if B&H sent me
the form. This isn't a huge problem, but if they cant take the
time out to send me a rebate form through fax or email, I wonder
what would happen if I had a real problem that they needed
to fix. Their customer service department is none existent.

I have found the customer service to be quite well. Once I had a
question about a filter. I used the Web-based chat interface and got a
response within 10 minutes. Another time, I ordered an item but found
out later that B&H didn't have it in stock. That was strange,
considering that if I ordered it online the store's database should
not have sold me something that didn't exist.

I sent an e-mail to customer service. I got a reply the next day that
said the item was on back order. About a week later, I received the
item.

I have read your infantile diatribes an concur with others that your
approach needs a lot of work; it begs for people to ignore you.
Complaining here is not going to get you what you want.
Old January 31st 04, 03:42 AM
Frank ess

Ryan wrote:
" bozak" wrote in message

[...]

Suppose we can bury this and stride into the future? Please?

Old January 31st 04, 04:00 AM
bozak

"Ryan" wrote in message
m...
" bozak" wrote in message

When i bought the recorder they had the rebate form
on their site for downloading. Once I received the product
I went back to the site and it was no longer there.

First, why didn't you print the rebate form when you ordered?

because they told me when i bought it the rebate was good until
march 31, 2004... apparently you jumped in this thread at about
the 240th post or so... youre wasting your time with the rest of
the BS you wrote, just the same old weak **** others have written
that ive refuted over and over...

but hey, youre a nice lil puppy to play with so i wont rub your
nose in **** this time...

Old January 31st 04, 04:01 AM
bozak

"Frank ess" wrote in message
Ryan wrote:
" bozak" wrote in message

[...]

i'd like to but like in that movie the godfather 3 (which sucked big
time by the way, godfather 2 was the best), they just keep pulling
me back in... :-)

Old February 2nd 04, 04:02 PM
Stephen H. Westin

(bozak) writes:

snip

now B&H on the other hand... i would expect an apology and them
actually sending me the discs that they caused me to miss out on
as far as the rebate is concerned...

You didn't miss the rebate, didn't you? Someone posted the URL to
get the form, which is what you need. In case you missed it, that's

http://www.schaeferstv.com/updates/R..._to_3-31-04_-_
10_Free_DVD_Writables_-_DMRE100HS.pdf

snip

orignial post... hopes this helps...

Not at all. I know that you failed to download the form when you
ordered. I know you say you had trouble getting the form from B&H
afterward. But you claim that you "missed the rebate". Please explain
why the form at the URL above won't work.

snip

--
-Stephen H. Westin
Old February 2nd 04, 10:15 PM
bozak

(bozak) writes:

snip

now B&H on the other hand... i would expect an apology and them
actually sending me the discs that they caused me to miss out on
as far as the rebate is concerned...

You didn't miss the rebate, didn't you? Someone posted the URL to
get the form, which is what you need. In case you missed it, that's

http://www.schaeferstv.com/updates/R..._to_3-31-04_-_
10_Free_DVD_Writables_-_DMRE100HS.pdf

snip

orignial post... hopes this helps...

Not at all. I know that you failed to download the form when you
ordered.

yet you fail to also realize that they told me i had until
the end of march...

I know you say you had trouble getting the form from B&H
afterward. But you claim that you "missed the rebate". Please explain
why the form at the URL above won't work.

dude, you should really read some of the other posts if you
want to know the extent of this... people are actually tired
of seeing me write the same thing over and over...

no one has proved me wrong on this and you wont be the first...
Old February 2nd 04, 10:57 PM
Alan Browne

bozak wrote:

no one has proved me wrong on this and you wont be the first...

1) You're posting with an alias,
2) from Google-groups, and
3) X-posting the hell out of it...

Conclusion: It is pure moronic troll vendetta.

We're bored with it, and you, so just let it drop.

Cheers,
Alan
(B&H customer. Satisfaction rating: 9.5/10).