Cheapest E6 redux

Old November 1st 04, 06:57 AM
Frank Pittel

Tom Phillips wrote:

: Frank Pittel wrote:
:
: Argon3 wrote:
: : Well, bite my tongue...
:
: : ...in an earlier post I cited Gamma Photo Labs price of $2.30 to process an E6
: : sheet of 4X5.
: : Just stopped by there today to drop off one (1) 120 roll of E6 that was a test
: : for a job and was informed that there is now a $10 minimum on all orders.
: : Thus, if you don't have more than five sheets of 4X5 E6, think of an
: : alternative...
: : ...not that it's worth putting my own personal E6 line together in my basement
: : to get around a $10 minimum.
: : I think that it's just a sign of the times that even commercial labs in major
: : cities are feeling the pinch of digital.
:
: You may want to take a look at Perfect Image in DesPlaines. The last time I was
: there they were charging $2 a sheet. For E6 they have one hour turn around.

: Reed Photo Imaging. Bob Reed does E6 for some of the most
: well known chrome photographers in the west. His process is
: always in control.

: http://www.reedphoto.com/

I just checked on a map and Denver is a long drive from Chicago.

-------------------

Old November 1st 04, 06:57 AM
Frank Pittel

Tom Phillips wrote:

: Frank Pittel wrote:
:
: Argon3 wrote:
: : Well, bite my tongue...
:

Old November 2nd 04, 02:17 AM
Tom Phillips

Frank Pittel wrote:

Tom Phillips wrote:

: Frank Pittel wrote:
:
: Argon3 wrote:
: : Well, bite my tongue...
:
[...]

Frank, one of these days you are going to have to
engage your brain before speaking and wasting bandwith.

Photograpers from all over the western US send their
chromes to Bob Reed for processing.

We're beyond the days of the pony express...
Old November 2nd 04, 02:17 AM
Tom Phillips

Frank Pittel wrote:

Tom Phillips wrote:

: Frank Pittel wrote:
:
: Argon3 wrote:
: : Well, bite my tongue...
:

Old November 2nd 04, 06:34 AM
Frank Pittel

Tom Phillips wrote:

: Frank Pittel wrote:
:
: Tom Phillips wrote:
:
: : Frank Pittel wrote:
: :
: : Argon3 wrote:
: : : Well, bite my tongue...
: :
[...]

You may want to follow that advice. I doubt you will though.

-------------------

Old November 2nd 04, 06:34 AM
Frank Pittel

Tom Phillips wrote:

: Frank Pittel wrote:
:
: Tom Phillips wrote:
:
: : Frank Pittel wrote:
: :
: : Argon3 wrote:
: : : Well, bite my tongue...
: :

Old November 2nd 04, 06:34 AM
Frank Pittel

Tom Phillips wrote:

: Frank Pittel wrote:
:
: Tom Phillips wrote:
:
: : Frank Pittel wrote:
: :
: : Argon3 wrote:
: : : Well, bite my tongue...
: :

Old November 2nd 04, 07:07 AM
Tom Phillips

Frank Pittel wrote:

Tom Phillips wrote:

: Frank Pittel wrote:
:
: Tom Phillips wrote:
:
: : Frank Pittel wrote:
: :
: : Argon3 wrote:
: : : Well, bite my tongue...
: :
[...]

Oh, good, Frank. Keep ****ing in the wind for no reason.
Bob reed does E6 for CA photographers. At least as far as
Chicago.

Any other stupid comments?

Old November 2nd 04, 07:07 AM
Tom Phillips

Frank Pittel wrote:

Tom Phillips wrote:

: Frank Pittel wrote:
:
: Tom Phillips wrote:
:
: : Frank Pittel wrote:
: :
: : Argon3 wrote:
: : : Well, bite my tongue...
: :

Old November 2nd 04, 11:01 AM
Donald Qualls

Frank Pittel wrote:

Tom Phillips wrote:

: Frank, one of these days you are going to have to
: engage your brain before speaking and wasting bandwith.

You may want to follow that advice. I doubt you will though.

And thus begins another ****ing match.

Am I going to have to killfile both of you?

--
The challenge to the photographer is to command the medium, to use
whatever current equipment and technology furthers his creative

and don't expect them to be perfect.