efke and j&c classic?

Old February 11th 04, 05:37 PM
Argon3

Default efke and j&c classic?

Has anyone had any experience with either the Efke pl100 or J&C Classic 4X5
film? I see that they (J&C) suggest using pyro but I was wondering if anyone
has used either of these with d-23, split development or water bath
development.

argon
Old February 13th 04, 04:12 AM
Raoul

In article , Argon3
wrote:

Has anyone had any experience with either the Efke pl100 or J&C Classic 4X5
film? I see that they (J&C) suggest using pyro but I was wondering if anyone
has used either of these with d-23, split development or water bath
development.

Don't know how helpful I'm gonna be but here goes..

I've used the J&C Classic in a 3.25x4.25 camera because it is one of
(or the) only films in that size.. I believe it is Bergger 200. I
have used Bergerr 200 in 120 roll and 8x10 and it seems to behave the
same. The notch code was the same on the J&C and the Bergger and the
packaging (thin paper interleaving the sheets. Be sure to take tall of
hem out when you are loading. I left a couple in. Film didn't work too
good. )

That said, I developed in D76 and got pretty good results. The camera
hadn';t been used in quite a long time and the shutter seems to be off
so the exposures weren't very good so I can't really comment on the
development. When I processed the 120, I used HC-110 1:7 for 6 min and
got pretty good results. They were medium contrast images and printed
easily with a #2 filter.

I'm guessing that anything you read about Bergger will apply to the J&C
unless someone can say otherwise for sure..

Jeff
Old February 13th 04, 05:45 AM
David Nebenzahl

On 2/11/2004 9:37 AM Argon3 spake thus:

Has anyone had any experience with either the Efke pl100 or J&C Classic 4X5
film? I see that they (J&C) suggest using pyro but I was wondering if anyone
has used either of these with d-23, split development or water bath
development.

I've used Efke 100 (in 9x12 size) with both D-76 and HC-111 (B), both of which
gave very nice results. I can't imagine you could do much worse with D-23.

--
It's fun to demonize the neo-cons and rejoice in their discomfiture, but
don't make the mistake of thinking US foreign policy was set by Norman

- Alexander Cockburn, _CounterPunch_
(http://www.counterpunch.org), 9/17/03

Old February 13th 04, 05:13 PM
Gregory W Blank

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 2/11/2004 9:37 AM Argon3 spake thus:

Has anyone had any experience with either the Efke pl100 or J&C Classic 4X5
film? I see that they (J&C) suggest using pyro but I was wondering if anyone
has used either of these with d-23, split development or water bath
development.

I've used Efke 100 (in 9x12 size) with both D-76 and HC-111 (B), both of which
gave very nice results. I can't imagine you could do much worse with D-23.

More and more I find myself appreciating the merits of D23 diluted 1 to 1.
--
LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank