Magazines, websites getting desperate

Old July 1st 10, 11:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Barry[_3_]

Default Magazines, websites getting desperate

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 15:10:31 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

No new camera releases means fewer readers so they've taken to
reviewing....P&S's!! First Dpreview with that 12 pieces of junk
review and the Amateur Photographer wasting pages on a Fuji Superzoom
with a TINY sensor (what else is new?). C'mon Nikon, Canon, Pentax,
Sony, Oly-forget it, I forgot, Olympus bailed out of DSLRs.

Why does it bother you so much that the majority of photographers, amateur
and pro, find P&S cameras more interesting, more capable, more
cost-effective, more portable, more adaptable, more publicly accepted, and
more important than DSLRs today?

Buggy-whip braiders in the early 1900's eventually had to find new jobs
too. I guess some people will just have to be dragged kicking and screaming
into the 21st century. You sound just like those that went on and on for
years crying about the benefits of film and how digital cameras will never
be better.

How many more years will it take for you to wake up?

That's okay. We'll wait. We understand why you are like you are.

Old July 2nd 10, 01:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

: wrote:
:
[...]

We do? I don't. Please cut the crap and explain (in plain English, German, or
Spanish).

Bob
Old July 2nd 10, 02:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

: wrote:
:
: No new camera releases means fewer readers so they've taken to
: reviewing....P&S's!! *First Dpreview with that 12 pieces of junk
: review and the Amateur Photographer wasting pages on a Fuji Superzoom
: with a TINY sensor (what else is new?). *C'mon Nikon, Canon, Pentax,
: Sony, Oly-forget it, I forgot, Olympus bailed out of DSLRs.
:
: Why does it bother you so much that the majority of photographers,
: amateur and pro, find P&S cameras more interesting, more capable, more
: cost-effective, more portable, more adaptable, more publicly accepted,
: and more important than DSLRs today?
:
: If majority opinion mattered, then Tiger Woods really would be driving
: a Buick, and not an Escalade.

If my opinion mattered, he'd be driving a Segway. But it doesn't. Neither does
yours. Or Barry's.

Rich, I have no idea when Dominion Day is, so I'll simply wish you a happy 4th
of July, and you can do the necessary date translation! ;^)

BTW, I mean no offense to the Brits in this group. Indeed, a case can be made
that our armed secession was unnecessary, since you'd have gotten tired enough
of us eventually. All I can say is that it did work out pretty well for us (at
least until those Bushes came along).

bob
Old July 2nd 10, 02:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Peter[_7_]

: wrote:
:
[...]

All you did was set out more troll bait.
The fact is there are more P&SO cameras sold than DSLRs.
They are cheaper and easier to use. The trolls ignore or lie about the
limitations.

--
Peter

Old July 2nd 10, 02:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Better Info[_6_]

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 21:30:21 -0400, "Peter"
wrote:

.. .
: wrote:
:
[...]

What's that? Oh, that's right. I hear your kindergartner-level photography
teacher calling you. You revealed the (lack of) depth of your skills and
knowledge about photography in another recent post. That's why I know this.

Old July 2nd 10, 06:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Stuffed Crust[_2_]

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Barry wrote:
Why does it bother you so much that the majority of photographers, amateur
and pro, find P&S cameras more interesting, more capable, more
cost-effective, more portable, more adaptable, more publicly accepted, and
more important than DSLRs today?

Bzzt, wrong.

The majority of photographers now use cell phone cameras. More
cost-effective, portable, adaptable, and definitely more publically
accepted.

As you like to point out, sales figures don't lie.

- Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^
Old July 2nd 10, 06:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Outing Trolls is FUN![_5_]

On 02 Jul 2010 05:25:38 GMT, Stuffed Crust wrote:

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Barry wrote:
Why does it bother you so much that the majority of photographers, amateur
and pro, find P&S cameras more interesting, more capable, more
cost-effective, more portable, more adaptable, more publicly accepted, and
more important than DSLRs today?

Bzzt, wrong.

The majority of photographers now use cell phone cameras. More
cost-effective, portable, adaptable, and definitely more publically
accepted.

As you like to point out, sales figures don't lie.

- Solomon

Counting the sales of cell-phones as cameras is like counting the sales of
microwave-ovens as clocks.

Old July 2nd 10, 04:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Vance wrote:
On Jul 1, 10:32 pm, Outing Trolls is FUN! wrote:
Counting the sales of cell-phones as cameras is like counting the sales of
microwave-ovens as clocks.

A point for the Troll! Always give credit where and when due.

Yes, a good'un. My cameras, and cars, TVs and telephones also have
clocks in them. Over clocked I am!

--
john mcwilliams
Old July 2nd 10, 05:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Peter[_7_]

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
Vance wrote:
On Jul 1, 10:32 pm, Outing Trolls is FUN! wrote:
Counting the sales of cell-phones as cameras is like counting the sales
of
microwave-ovens as clocks.

A point for the Troll! Always give credit where and when due.

Yes, a good'un. My cameras, and cars, TVs and telephones also have clocks
in them. Over clocked I am!

IOW you never actually know hat time it is.

--
Peter

Old July 2nd 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Vance wrote:
On Jul 1, 10:32 pm, Outing Trolls is FUN! wrote:
Counting the sales of cell-phones as cameras is like counting the
sales of
microwave-ovens as clocks.

A point for the Troll! Always give credit where and when due.

Yes, a good'un. My cameras, and cars, TVs and telephones also have
clocks in them. Over clocked I am!

IOW you never actually know hat time it is.

Does anyone really care?

As I mentioned,

I was walking down the street one day.......

--
john mcwilliams