epson 2200 - Velvet art paper

Old December 3rd 04, 02:30 AM
Gene Palmiter

Default epson 2200 - Velvet art paper

I am setting up my first print with my new Epson 2200. I have Epson's Velvet
Fine Art Paper. The instructions say to print on the brightest side. I see
one side as more textured than the other...but not really brighter. The
texture causes more shadowing if I side light it...but its not really
darker. Anyone know if they really mean to print on the smoother side?

--
Thanks,
Gene Palmiter

Old December 3rd 04, 05:06 AM
MarkČ

"Gene Palmiter" wrote in message
I am setting up my first print with my new Epson 2200. I have Epson's

Velvet
Fine Art Paper. The instructions say to print on the brightest side. I see
one side as more textured than the other...but not really brighter. The
texture causes more shadowing if I side light it...but its not really
darker. Anyone know if they really mean to print on the smoother side?

--
Thanks,
Gene Palmiter
freebridge design group
www.route611.com & Route 611 Magazine

I haven't yet used that particular paper, but I generally find that with
most papers, the more textured side is the print side (except for glossy, of
course!).

Here are two tips I've read elsewhere that I've found to be generally true
as well:

1. Wet your finger slightly, and touch it to a far corner (where the
printer won't print anyway)...the printable side tends to be slightly sticky
compared to the non-print side.

2. Take a sharpie pen and make a tiny line (again on a far unusable
corner). The ink will bleed/spread slightly on the non-print side, but will
stay sharp as a tack on the print-side (due to coating).

-Mark