20D ALWAYS COMES OUT ON TOP !

Old March 3rd 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default 20D ALWAYS COMES OUT ON TOP !

How do you sneak up on a big bird?
Get above him. (They never expect that.)

Old March 3rd 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Annika1980 wrote:
How do you sneak up on a big bird?
Get above him. (They never expect that.)

I like it, but thought it could be "tilted" as:

http://www.aliasimages.com/images/BretReCrop.jpg

Which cuts away a little too much neck in the cropping, unfortunately...

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old March 3rd 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Mar 3, 5:19 pm, "Annika1980" wrote:
How do you sneak up on a big bird?
Get above him. (They never expect that.)

Priceless shot! LOL. I love it. I love how he is looking down at
you. I'm glad you weren't in his rear area. "Look out below"!!
"PLOP". LOL. And I know you don't use a UV filter.
Bret, you have definitely outgrown your fabulous 20D. I wish I could
master my photographic talents such as you.
Helen

Old March 3rd 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Mar 3, 5:19 pm, "Annika1980" wrote:
How do you sneak up on a big bird?
Get above him. (They never expect that.)

Priceless shot! I love how he is looking up at you.
You definitely have mastered your skills with the 20D and wildlife.
Good thing you weren't below him. Your lens might have had a special
delivery from the heron. And I know you don't use a UV filter.
Lovely shot!
Helen

Old March 3rd 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Mar 3, 5:37 pm, wrote:
On Mar 3, 5:19 pm, "Annika1980" wrote:

How do you sneak up on a big bird?
Get above him. (They never expect that.)

Priceless shot! I love how he is looking up at you.
You definitely have mastered your skills with the 20D and wildlife.
Good thing you weren't below him. Your lens might have had a special
delivery from the heron. And I know you don't use a UV filter.
Lovely shot!
Helen

BTW: I'm not giving you a jab because you don't use a UV filter. I'm
with you! Besides, with the L series lenses, why cover up what you
paid big bucks for.
Helen

Old March 4th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Mar 3, 5:51 pm, wrote:

BTW: I'm not giving you a jab because you don't use a UV filter. I'm
with you! Besides, with the L series lenses, why cover up what you
paid big bucks for.
Helen

People that use L glass with UV filters probably have their couches
covered in clear plastic.

Old March 4th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Mar 3, 10:21 pm, "Annika1980" wrote:
On Mar 3, 5:51 pm, wrote:

BTW: I'm not giving you a jab because you don't use a UV filter. I'm
with you! Besides, with the L series lenses, why cover up what you
paid big bucks for.
Helen

People that use L glass with UV filters probably have their couches
covered in clear plastic.

LOL.....or take showers with raincoats on! ;-)

Old March 4th 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Annika1980 wrote:
On Mar 3, 5:51 pm, wrote:

BTW: I'm not giving you a jab because you don't use a UV filter. I'm
with you! Besides, with the L series lenses, why cover up what you
paid big bucks for.
Helen

People that use L glass with UV filters probably have their couches
covered in clear plastic.

laugh

I do have filters on my large front lenses (72mm) as scratch avoidance
but they are the high quality Minolta or B+W UV filters. On my 300
f/2.8 it is a 114mm piece of flat, neutral optical glass.

My 100 mm f/2.8 has never had a filter on it (other than for effects),
the front element is so deep (unless shooting macro) from the threads as
to be immune to all but the most determined attack.

Cheers,
Alan
Old March 4th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Mar 4, 9:38 am, Alan Browne
wrote:
People that use L glass with UV filters probably have their couches
covered in clear plastic.

laugh

I do have filters on my large front lenses (72mm) as scratch avoidance
but they are the high quality Minolta or B+W UV filters. On my 300
f/2.8 it is a 114mm piece of flat, neutral optical glass.

Gee, why am I not shocked to hear that?

They don't call ya Anal Browne for nothing.

Old March 4th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Annika1980 wrote:
On Mar 4, 9:38 am, Alan Browne
wrote:

People that use L glass with UV filters probably have their couches
covered in clear plastic.

laugh

I do have filters on my large front lenses (72mm) as scratch avoidance
but they are the high quality Minolta or B+W UV filters. On my 300
f/2.8 it is a 114mm piece of flat, neutral optical glass.

Gee, why am I not shocked to hear that?

They don't call ya Anal Browne for nothing.

Slow day fishing Bret?

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.