Water Resistant Camera Bags

Old May 20th 12, 01:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
N[_9_]

Default Water Resistant Camera Bags

Gregr wrote on 19/05/2012 :
On 19/05/12 5:29 PM, N wrote:
Gregr wrote on 19/05/2012 :
On 18/05/12 7:31 PM, Greg wrote:
Hi has anyone had any experience with water resistant camera bags. I
have a 130 acre swamp on the farm in central NSW with lots of wildlife
and reeds. The water is waist deep so I dont really want to accidently
dunk the camera while wading through it. thanks
Thanks for the replies folks - Im hoping to take photos with the slr
camera inside the waterproof bag, so the plastic in front of the lens
would need to be of good quality to take a photo through it. Doesnt
have to be bomb proof, just to keep the camera dry if I trip over
underwater obstacles . PS Actually I do have a Nikonos5 but film is
getting a bit difficult these days and I cant fit a telephoto to it.
thanks again

Will you be snake proof?

Snakes are no problem - the crocodiles cleaned them out!

Do you have any photos of wild crocks in central NSW?

Old May 22nd 12, 10:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Greg[_2_]

On 20/05/2012 10:34 AM, N wrote:
Gregr wrote on 19/05/2012 :
On 19/05/12 5:29 PM, N wrote:
Gregr wrote on 19/05/2012 :
On 18/05/12 7:31 PM, Greg wrote:
Hi has anyone had any experience with water resistant camera bags. I
have a 130 acre swamp on the farm in central NSW with lots of wildlife
and reeds. The water is waist deep so I dont really want to accidently
dunk the camera while wading through it. thanks
Thanks for the replies folks - Im hoping to take photos with the slr
camera inside the waterproof bag, so the plastic in front of the lens
would need to be of good quality to take a photo through it. Doesnt
have to be bomb proof, just to keep the camera dry if I trip over
underwater obstacles . PS Actually I do have a Nikonos5 but film is
getting a bit difficult these days and I cant fit a telephoto to it.
thanks again

Will you be snake proof?

Snakes are no problem - the crocodiles cleaned them out!

Do you have any photos of wild crocks in central NSW?

Sorry man, no crocs in NSW :-) - to cold in winter - Im guessing
you're from overseas. Found some reasonable solutions to what i want to
do thanks to those who replied. Im trying to find what controls I have
access to on my camera while its inside the plastic protection now.