[SI] Next mandate selection

Old April 29th 12, 11:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

Default Next mandate selection

On 2012-04-29 16:41 , Annika1980 wrote:
Dammit, what part of "Do not start sidebar discussions" don't you guys
get?

Your master has set rules and you must follow them! OBEY!

If you're in that sort of mood, how'd ya like to take over the committee?

Btw, anybody heard from D-Mac lately?

Probably.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.

Old April 29th 12, 11:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

On 2012-04-29 13:41:40 -0700, Annika1980 said:

Dammit, what part of "Do not start sidebar discussions" don't you guys
get?

Your master has set rules and you must follow them! OBEY!

Btw, anybody heard from D-Mac lately?

Not since the "Chloe" retreat/withdrawal statement in
rec.photo.equipment.35mm yesterday.
"Same crap, same people, same childish behaviour...
Bye bye for me. You lot will squabble this group into oblivion soon
enough, you're nearly there now."

Missed that. Didn't make my server I guess. Ah well - no ... well,
nothing.

So I guess he is working on yet another clone with more experience than
anybody else on usenet.

Bigger, Better, Faster , .... Bore.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.

Old April 30th 12, 12:35 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

On 4/29/2012 4:39 PM, Annika1980 wrote:
On Apr 28, 10:41 pm, tony wrote:

Let's see what you contribute

Actually, I agree with him. Nine out of ten abandoned architecture
subjects down here are foreclosed houses and decaying strip malls.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Lots of decay in Florida and Alabama. Mostly teeth.

The big pickup line in Nashville is: "nice tooth."

--
Peter
Old April 30th 12, 01:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
[email protected]

Default [SI] Next mandate selection

Macro / Closeup

Music (performance, musician, or instrument)

Mystery (any shot which sparks the question, "What is it?")

Archi-Texture (Architecture is the subject with an emphasis on
structural texture)

Food

Old April 30th 12, 02:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
George Kerby

On 4/29/12 11:24 AM, in article
, "PeterN"
wrote:

On 4/29/2012 9:30 AM, tony cooper wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 23:11:48 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 4/28/2012 10:41 PM, tony cooper wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:42:11 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 4/28/2012 6:41 PM, RichA wrote:
On Apr 28, 12:42 pm, Alan
wrote:
Last month the Committee asked for suggestions for a new mandate.

Decay (consider shots of abandoned, or forgotten architecture,
engineering, infrastructure, etc.)

No fair! The Americans in the northeast have too much of an advantage
here.

Posted with your usual actual knowledge.

Let's see what you contribute

Actually, I agree with him. Nine out of ten abandoned architecture
subjects down here are foreclosed houses and decaying strip malls.

Do you live in the North East?

Duh.

Have you seen the re-vitalization? (Some call it "gentrification."

Yes! There are a lot of issues with denigrated inner cities, but that
issue is not limited to the US North East.

Nor did he say that, Peter. He said they have an advantage. It's
easier for a resident of a "rust belt" state to go out and find a
interesting photographic opportunity that it is for me if the mandate
is architectural decay. An abandoned steel mill is a more interesting
subject than the typical abandoned house in this area.

Coming from Rich I took it as a jab, and reacted accordingly.

That doesn't mean that I can't compete in the mandate. I just have to
put more thought, imagination, and searching for sites into it.

I won't complain about whatever mandate is chosen.

I Most abandoned steel mills I am aware of are located in Western
Pennsylvania. Lat time I looked PA is not part of the North East, but
Mid-Atlantic

Rich doesn't like ANY part of the USA. See my post below...

Old May 1st 12, 12:44 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

Default [SI] Next mandate selection - Votes to date

Here is the voting to date
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62816810/SI%...ate%20list.pdf (30 kB).

I suggest waiting a few more days... if you haven't voted yet, pls do
(see first post in this thread).
--
The Committee
Old May 5th 12, 03:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-04-28 09:42:10 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

Last month the Committee asked for suggestions......

The 'duck vote in no particular order:

Doors
In Motion
On the Road
My Town
Transport

Savageduck

Old May 22nd 12, 01:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

On 5/20/2012 10:11 PM, Annika1980 wrote:
On Apr 29, 7:35 pm, wrote:

Lots of decay in Florida and Alabama. Mostly teeth.

The big pickup line in Nashville is: "nice tooth."

In Alabama it is "Get in the truck, bitch!"

In Georgia and Tennessee they have a law that provides that if a married
couple gets a divorce, after the divorce they are still brother and sister.

--
Peter