Camera on The Walking Dead

Old October 21st 13, 10:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

Default Camera on The Walking Dead

On 2013-10-21 12:24:22 -0700, Tony Cooper said:

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 09:32:12 -0700, Savageduck

On 2013-10-21 00:45:20 -0700, RichA said:

I don't know if any of your saw it, but it looked like they grafted a
Lomo or Diana front on a Polaroid back. Wouldn't have been
functional.
It could be an old Polaroid I'm not familiar with.

RichA does zombies!!?

Sorry Rich, I don't watch that crap.

Walking Dead is actually a really good zombie series, sure if you don't
like Zombies at all it might not be for you, but some people doesn't
like Zombie movies due to most Zombie movies being... crap. But,
Walking
Dead is not a crap Zombie TV show.

Zombies are just not my thing, neither are vampires & super heroes.
Just as I was never grabbed by Star Trek, or the spin-offs.

What I have found to be good entertaining TV shows have been "The
Wire", "The Sopranos'", "Breaking Bad", "Justified", "The Bridge", "Ray
Donovan", there are a few more, but I understand that this is a case of
"different strokes for different folks".

BTW: I loved "Arrested Development", and for those with that
off-the-wall sense of humor, "Children's Hospital".

I have never intentionally watched any TV show with zombies, vampires,
werewolves, aliens, spaceships, or any monsters (including members of
the Kardashian family) or supernatural critters.

Yup!
Add obnoxious, obese trailer park refugees related to, or actually
"Honey Boo-Boo".

Agreed, ! But I enjoyed watching Star Trek, the next generation, with
Patrick Stewart, and Whoopi Goldberg. There was some excellent acting,
although very little suspense.

--
PeterN
Old October 21st 13, 10:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke[_2_]

In article ,
says...

On 10/21/13 2:28 PM, in article
,
"J. Clarke" wrote:

In article , tonycooper214
@gmail.com says...

On 2013-10-21 00:45:20 -0700, RichA said:

[...]

The Kardashian stuff is both uplifting and depressing. It is uplifting
because it shows that in America today someone with absolutely no
redeeming qualities can become wildly successful. It is depressing
because there are so many people out of work who _do_ have redeeming
qualities.

You mean like this?

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/94206...nes-give-it-2-
u-medley.jhtml

Dunno what she's thinking with that one. Gaga's outrageous, Miley is
just crude.
Old October 21st 13, 10:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 2013-10-21 14:17:05 -0700, Sandman said:

Savageduck wrote:

Walking Dead is actually a really good zombie series, sure if you don't
like Zombies at all it might not be for you, but some people doesn't
like Zombie movies due to most Zombie movies being... crap. But,
Walking
Dead is not a crap Zombie TV show.

Zombies are just not my thing, neither are vampires & super heroes.
Just as I was never grabbed by Star Trek, or the spin-offs.

Right, to each his own

What I have found to be good entertaining TV shows have been "The
Wire", "The Sopranos'", "Breaking Bad", "Justified", "The Bridge", "Ray
Donovan", there are a few more, but I understand that this is a case of
"different strokes for different folks".

Breaking Bad was crazy good. A unique series in that it had a title
character you really hated, and loved to hate.

If you enjoyed "Breaking Bad", I seriously recommend trying to see
"Justified" an Elmore Leonard story/screen play (from season 1-4 from
Fx, available on Netflix), "The Wire" (season 1-5), one of the great HBO
series, and "Ray Donovan".
Another HBO series worth checking is "Six Feet Under", also from season
one.

The "Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad" are in a class of their own.

BTW: I loved "Arrested Development", and for those with that
off-the-wall sense of humor, "Children's Hospital".

Never saw Breaking Bad, but I did watch the Sopranos. After the Sopranos
started, if I saw James Gandolfini in a different role, I found myself
think, for just aan instant, WTF if Tony Soprano doing here.

--
PeterN
Old October 21st 13, 11:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 10/21/2013 5:54 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

snip

Dunno what she's thinking with that one. Gaga's outrageous, Miley is
just crude.

Yes, but Gaga is at least a good entertainer. And according to people I
know who know her, a very decent person, who is ot full of herself, and
works very hard.
--
PeterN
Old October 21st 13, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-10-21 14:17:05 -0700, Sandman said:

Savageduck wrote:

[...]

Then you should have seen Gandolfini in "Get Shorty", "The Mexican",
and "Lonely Hearts", none of those leaves you thinking of Tony Soprano.

Savageduck

Old October 22nd 13, 04:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-10-21 00:45:20 -0700, RichA said:

[...]

I never got into the original Star Trek, and the spin-offs being
derivative, I just skipped them.
The only bit of Star Trek culture which got inherited by the Law
enforcement community was the use of "Klingon", which aptly described
rookie officers fresh from the academy, as they had a tendency to
"cling on" to any veteran cop, or supervisor they were teamed with,
sometimes becoming the epitome of a royal PIA.

Savageduck

Old October 22nd 13, 08:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Savageduck wrote:

Breaking Bad was crazy good. A unique series in that it had a title
character you really hated, and loved to hate.

If you enjoyed "Breaking Bad", I seriously recommend trying to see
"Justified" an Elmore Leonard story/screen play (from season 1-4 from
Fx, available on Netflix), "The Wire" (season 1-5), one of the great
HBO series, and "Ray Donovan".
Another HBO series worth checking is "Six Feet Under", also from season one.

The "Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad" are in a class of their own.

Thanks for the suggestions!

--
Sandman[.net]
Old October 22nd 13, 08:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-10-22 00:14:07 -0700, Sandman said:

Savageduck wrote:

Breaking Bad was crazy good. A unique series in that it had a title
character you really hated, and loved to hate.

If you enjoyed "Breaking Bad", I seriously recommend trying to see
"Justified" an Elmore Leonard story/screen play (from season 1-4 from
Fx, available on Netflix), "The Wire" (season 1-5), one of the great
HBO series, and "Ray Donovan".
Another HBO series worth checking is "Six Feet Under", also from season one.

The "Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad" are in a class of their own.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Also the last episode of season 1 of "The Bridge" has just aired on Fx.
If you are able to see this in Sweden, it is also well worth seeing,
another quality show. It is based on a Danish story transplanted to a
Texas-Mexico border crossing.
http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/thebridge

Savageduck

Old October 23rd 13, 12:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Nige Danton[_2_]

On 2013-10-21 14:17:05 -0700, Sandman said:

Savageduck wrote:

[...]

Did you see James Gandolfini in True Romance? I thought it was an excellent
piece of acting. The entire film is great, of course.

--
Nige Danton - Replace the obvious with g.m.a.i.l
Old October 23rd 13, 01:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 2013-10-21 14:17:05 -0700, Sandman said:

Savageduck wrote:

[...]

i agree, he was a fine actor. And I meant my remark to be a commentary
on his acting. He did such a fine acting job in The Sopranos, that one
was convinced that he was Tony Soprano. I certainly meant no detraction
from his acting in other roles.

--
PeterN