2008 LOVES THE 40D!

Old January 1st 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default 2008 LOVES THE 40D!

OK, sports fans, it's a new year so let's get this show on the road.
Here's one from this morning taken from my driveway.

Old January 1st 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Jan 1, 5:44*pm, Annika1980 wrote:
OK, sports fans, it's a new year so let's get this show on the road.
Here's one from this morning taken from my driveway.

Awesome shot of a woodpecker. Looks like a young one. Great detail
on his feathers. Colors are very true and I like how he's looking
right at you. Lovely work Bret!
Helen
Old January 2nd 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Phil

On Jan 1, 5:58*pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
OK, sports fans, it's a new year so let's get this show on the road.
Here's one from this morning taken from my driveway.

What's with all the cropping noise and sever lack of detail? *You gotta
learn to zoom with your feet! *You really gotta!!!

Rita

It will be interesting when you guys start making images that have
less to do with "equipment fetishes" and more to do with interesting
and meaningful photography. Sharpness, noise, bokeh, yellow sport
cars, floating shoes, "best" equipment. Too many distractions.

-p
Old January 2nd 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Scott W

On Jan 1, 3:04*pm, Phil wrote:

It will be interesting when you guys start making images that have
less to do with "equipment fetishes" and more to do with interesting
and meaningful photography. Sharpness, noise, bokeh, yellow sport
cars, floating shoes, "best" equipment. Too many distractions.

Nonsense, even shots that are of subject of little interest show what
a given piece of gear can do under different conditions.

What might be meaningful photographs to you might, and likely would,
be boring to me. But a piece of great, camera or lens or what having
you that either works or does not work for someone else tells me a
lot.

In my mind the worthless photographer on this group are the ones
willing to tell us all how it should be done and with what gear, but
never show an image. BTW I might have missed it but do you have
images to view?

Scott

Old January 2nd 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Phil

On Jan 1, 9:23*pm, Scott W wrote:
On Jan 1, 3:04*pm, Phil wrote:

[...]

You're begging the question Scott. What you may or may not have missed
of mine has nothing to do with my point. Some of the greatest photos
in the world have been taken with the crudest of equipment while some
of the worst or, more prevelant mediocre, have been pumped out with
the aid of high-tech science. If you need the best of equipment to
make your photo statement, that's fine. No need to be defensive, I'm
only offering one point of view. Nothing to get uspset over, my
opinion, like a pixel, is just one in a milion.
Old January 2nd 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

? "Annika1980" ?????? ??? ??????
OK, sports fans, it's a new year so let's get this show on the road.
Here's one from this morning taken from my driveway.

excellent photo, Bret!Bravo!

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Old January 2nd 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Jan 2, 1:33*pm, Allen wrote:

Great picture Brett. I love all woodpeckers, and it is very, very seldom
that one sees a photo of any species with its tongue sticking out.

That's because you gotta be quick. Hummers and herons are the only
other birds I've photographed with tongues sticking out. Do you think
they're mocking me?

Old January 2nd 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Walter Banks

A vet friend of mine was at our house new years eve and
was telling us about wood pecker tongues. The end is
hard almost barbed and very long up to 5 or 6 inches for a
harry woodpecker.

Over the holidays a female Pileated woodpecker has discovered
suet feeders in our yard. While she has been around she has
been doing tree maintenance

w..

Old January 3rd 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Eric Miller

Do you think
they're mocking me?

Do you stick your tongue out at the bird before taking the photo?

Eric Miller
www.dyesscreek.com