20D BEATS THE HEAT !

Old August 13th 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default 20D BEATS THE HEAT !

Since the entire South has been trapped in Global Warming Hell for the
past few weeks with no relief in sight, I figured I might as well quit
bitchin about the heat and get out in it. So I went to the hottest
place I know .... the local marsh in the midday sun. I expected to
bake in the sun, but it really didn't feel that hot (only 98° or so).
Maybe I'm just getting used to the heat?
Anyway, here's a few shots from this afternoon's adventu

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/83804975

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/83804981

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/83804982

Old August 13th 07, 05:31 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

Annika1980 wrote:
Since the entire South has been trapped in Global Warming Hell for the
past few weeks with no relief in sight, I figured I might as well quit
bitchin about the heat and get out in it. So I went to the hottest
place I know .... the local marsh in the midday sun. I expected to
bake in the sun, but it really didn't feel that hot (only 98° or so).
Maybe I'm just getting used to the heat?
Anyway, here's a few shots from this afternoon's adventu

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/83804975

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/83804981

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/83804982

Four of your best; very nice work.

--
john mcwilliams
Old August 13th 07, 06:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Aug 12, 11:59 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Since the entire South has been trapped in Global Warming Hell for the
past few weeks with no relief in sight, I figured I might as well quit
bitchin about the heat and get out in it. So I went to the hottest
place I know .... the local marsh in the midday sun. I expected to
bake in the sun, but it really didn't feel that hot (only 98° or so).
Maybe I'm just getting used to the heat?
Anyway, here's a few shots from this afternoon's adventu

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/83804975

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/83804981

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/83804982

Absolutely Superb work!
Standing ovation my friend! Truly breathtaking work.
Helen

Old August 13th 07, 06:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
uw wayne

On Aug 12, 8:59 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Since the entire South has been trapped in Global Warming Hell for the
past few weeks with no relief in sight, I figured I might as well quit
bitchin about the heat and get out in it. So I went to the hottest
place I know .... the local marsh in the midday sun. I expected to
bake in the sun, but it really didn't feel that hot (only 98° or so).
Maybe I'm just getting used to the heat?
Anyway, here's a few shots from this afternoon's adventu

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/83804975

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/83804981

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/83804982

Bret, I don't usually consider insects beautiful but these are. How
much cropping did you do to get the image appear in 70% of the image,
just curious? Oh yeah, and what brand of mosquito repellent do you use?

Old August 13th 07, 10:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

On Aug 12, 11:59 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Since the entire South has been trapped in Global Warming Hell for the
past few weeks with no relief in sight, I figured I might as well quit
bitchin about the heat and get out in it. So I went to the hottest
place I know .... the local marsh in the midday sun. I expected to
bake in the sun, but it really didn't feel that hot (only 98° or so).
Maybe I'm just getting used to the heat?
Anyway, here's a few shots from this afternoon's adventu

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/83804975

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/83804981

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/83804982

Three of these are male Blue Dashers (Pachydiplax longipennis)
83804981 is a female Halloween Pennant (Celithemis eponina)

A bit saturated for my taste, but nice none the less.
http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/hal...pennantsMW.htm

You can only complain about the heat when it's over 100F. :-) It was
105F here last Thursday; mighty unpleasant.

Old August 13th 07, 12:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Aug 13, 5:57 am, JimKramer wrote:
[...]

Jim, your expertise in the subject of insects is astounding.
Helen

Old August 13th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

On Aug 12, 11:59 pm, Annika1980 wrote:

Only thing I could think was the bugs couldn't set their tails down
due to the heat.

Great shots Bret. Some of your better close up work yet.

By the way, Happy Birthday to you.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Doing better does.