2007 Calendar poster

Old July 31st 07, 05:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

Default 2007 Calendar poster

Rummaging around for some calendar display stands a while ago I came
across last year's reseller window poster. Just for you Markie child -
You IDIOT! http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/July/poster07.htm

I'm sure you remember the Pelicans at dusk? I used it on the April
page. Was it you who said I'd used the flash totally inappropriately?
Maybe you just chimed in with the other sheep on that one? Anyway...
As soon as I read the negative comments I knew immediately I had a
major seller on my hands.

A glorious canvas print of it (and a few others from the 07
calendars) adorn the walls of one of Cleveland's most prestigious
financial advisers. They bought them using the calendar (you seem to
think never existed) as a catalogue and purchased them from my
Cleveland Print center. You know the one? You could never find it.
Would you like a loan of my old Labrador? He's no guide dog but at
least he'll give you an excuse for your stupidity.

Any chance of an apology this time?

The photo.
http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/July/april.htm
The print centre
http://www.annika1980.com/evidence/shopfront.htm

All about Mark's lies (and a reward for him)
http://www.annika1980.com/reward.htm

Doug

Old July 31st 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Troy Piggins[_3_]

* is quoted & my replies are inline
* below :
Rummaging around for some calendar display stands a while ago I came
across last year's reseller window poster. Just for you Markie child -
You IDIOT!
http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/July/poster07.htm
[snip]

"Copyright Margie MacDonald" ?

I'm so confused by all the aliases, who has copyright, who works
for whom, who's married to whom.

I thought Doug promised to post photos only under one alias,
Ryadia I think, and post retorts etc under Bully Basher. That
didn't seem to stick.

Then I read a post that was going to be his last ever on USENET.
That didn't seem to stick either.

Julian swears he works for Doug and is not the same person, then
starts talking about his photos and Doug's interchangeably, then
all of a sudden it appears he is, in fact, Doug. I did note a
similar pattern on some old posts from 2004 that a poster named
Ryadia was supposedly a "friend" of Doug and his wife, but not
the same person, but these days clearly /is/ the same person.

I haven't seen much after the above promises were broken thanks
to my killfile, but then all these new aliases keep popping up.
How many aliases does one person need? Seems fairly pointless
since everyone quickly figures out it's him anyway, why not just
post under the same alias all the time? I don't get it.

--
Troy Piggins
Old August 1st 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

Off topic

wrote:
Rummaging around for some calendar display stands a while ago I came
across last year's reseller window poster. Just for you Markie child -
You IDIOT! http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/July/poster07.htm

Your point being?

(Maybe that you only ever use one font, have no artistic ability
whatsoever, and print trite calendars with lousy images?)

I see you were having some serious contrast problems with these
images, although they are copyright "Margie" - so blame her, I guess.

I'm sure you remember the Pelicans at dusk? I used it on the April
page. Was it you who said I'd used the flash totally inappropriately?

Yes. And in fact everyone who saw that image said it had
inappropriate flash... It was quite amusing that you claimed it was
not flash and just nearby lighting - and then someone who knew that
area well pointed out that there was no lighting near that area.

... purchased them from my
Cleveland Print center. You know the one?

No. No-one else who lives around your way knows it either. It's not
in the phone book, and you won't give it's address. What would a sane
person person infer from that?

You could never find it.

No, and nor can anyone else, because it doesn't seem to exist.

Any chance of an apology this time?

What was that flash of pink streaking through the sky? Oink.

The photo.
http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/July/april.htm

Ah yes, superb use of fill flash - so apt, so subtle, so....
laughable. But as long as some Cleveland accountant likes it, who
cares?

The print centre
http://www.annika1980.com/evidence/shopfront.htm

This sure looks like a *superb* shopfront position, hidden in the back
of an office block?, right next to the electrical switchboxes!!!
(It's the sort of thing that one could knock up in about half an
hour.) It's also interesting that a quick google on that phone number
doesn't turn up anything except a former 'business' of yours, "The
Linux Shop". But that website (www.au-linux.com) has met with the
same fate as www.technoaussie.com... Another failure, by the looks.
And then the name on the door? "Healthy PCs". A quick check at ASIC
shows this business name, just like "The Linux Shop" has been
*removed*. What a *surprise*!

It seems this image is a little less than current, to put it mildly.
And just proves that you have access to someone's back door.

All about Mark's lies (and a reward for him)
http://www.annika1980.com/reward.htm

Funny how no-one has ever taken you up on the offer, and also funny
how you said you have already lodged your complaint, so why would you
need to keep this bluff going? I'm easy to find and contact, if you
are genuine.

Still waiting for you to send me the name of your solicitor...

Old August 1st 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Annika1980

On Jul 31, 7:14 pm, wrote:

All about Mark's lies (and a reward for him)
http://www.annika1980.com/reward.htm

Funny how no-one has ever taken you up on the offer, and also funny
how you said you have already lodged your complaint, so why would you
need to keep this bluff going? I'm easy to find and contact, if you
are genuine.

I would have already collected on this offer if not for the little
catch:
==========================
"The reward will be paid within 7 days of successfully serving a
summons on the person."
==========================

Everyone knows that D-Mac is full of bluster (not to mention pelican
poop), and will never get a summons served so why bother with the
ludicrous offer?

I've yet to hear from anyone on his high-priced Arkansas legal team
(maybe because I live 300 miles from Arkansas). Mark T hasn't heard a
peep, nor has Mark Morgan.
As they say in Texas, D-Mac is all hat and no cattle.

Old August 1st 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

Off topic.
For anyone following the saga of Douglas' interesting claims, he has
posted this:
http://www.annika1980.com/evidence/shopfront.htm
as proof of his 'shopfront'. As I noted on another post, it certainly
looked like a *superb* shopfront position - hidden in the back of an
office block?, right next to the electrical switchboxes... I also
noted that the business name shown on the window (Healthy PCs) is
defunct, just like www.technoaussie.com.

But you might like to compare that image with the one at the bottom of
this cached page:
http://web.archive.org/web/200703251...ustlooking.htm
Can you spot the difference? (O:
You'll notice that there is a 'poster' (=pasted image) conveniently
covering the 'Healthy PCs' and 'Technology Australia' names. In the
text beneath, you will note that he says "We will re-open for business
in early May, 2007". So why, one would have to ask, doesn't he post a
picture, or give an address, of his new business?

It gets worse. His other company name "Technology Australia Pty Ltd"
is not listed in the phone book, doesn't have a web-presence and
Douglas MacDonald himself stated:
Technology Australia Pty Ltd (ACN: 100-319-168)
Ceased trading on 31st of January 2006
This page is maintained by a former Director of the company to
prevent misuse of the name "technoaussie" or hijacking of the company profile
by those with criminal intent.

(That text was posted by Douglas on the (now defunct) TechnoAussie
site.)

Note that it ceased trading at the beginning of *2006*, according to
Doug. This appears to raise some interesting questions about what
name he is actually trading under now..

And then there is the statement on his EBay auction (170077195281) of
the calendar equipment:
I will not be doing any more calendars and if I get a request for
one, I'll guarantee to pass it on to you. The gear is easy to use
and in perfect working order.

...which he has now obviously gone back on. If you read the posts on
this thread and others, you will see that the 'truth' according to
Doug can be bent in any way he wishes...

Old August 2nd 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

On Aug 2, 12:13 am, John McWilliams wrote:
wrote:
Off topic.

I'd dare say at this point virtually no one is interested in anything
you, Douglas, Bret, Julian, Helen et al, post regarding all of the
accusations, threats, boasts and garbage. Photography, etc., great.

For God's sake, can you boys not just let it go?

--
john mcwilliams

Yes, John, your previous objections have been noted, and I'm quite
sure *you* would be happy to let someone post lies, false claims and
threats toward YOU, and just leave them unanswered.

But I am a tad puzzled. You have *chosen* to read a thread posted by
Douglas, with obvious taunts and insults, and continued right to the
end, despite my post having the words OFF TOPIC at the top of it.

Yet, for comparison, over on the "GARY FONG LOVES THE 20D !" thread,
there are some 180 posts on that thread that are completely off topic
political rubbish, I see no sign of you.

Here, the post is about someone who claimed to have printed
photographic calendars available (on-topic, if a bit spamlike),
several others asking where they were to be found, then the op posting
'evidence' that his calendars really existed, but not helping to tell
anyone where they can be found *now*, along with a few new lies and
abuse.

I think that lot is more on topic than political inanity, but that's
just me. I also think if you are going to police threads, then you
probably need to set up some decent guidelines, but that's just me
too.

Finally, I believe that it is *only* because of some determined
(perhaps obsessed!) folk here and on aus.photo, that Mr MacDonald has
had his 'techniques', multiple identities and various claims exposed
to proper scrutiny, and he is not being allowed to get away with it
any more.

Yes, a few of Douglas' images *have* been good. Not many lately,
though. Yes, I *do* believe he has operated a backyard business doing
the odd wedding and making (or partly making) some very ordinary
regional calendars, and some postcards - I've even now (finally)
managed to locate two postcards of his! (Ormiston Food Store, folks,
while they last - but there were only two different ones, and let's
just say they won't take your breath away.)

But he is NOT a master enlarger, nor does he have a patented enlarging
algorithm (now sold to Samsung, according to Doug) that beats all
others.
He is not a very good wedding photographer. At least not if we judge
by the images he himself has posted.
He makes silly claims, like that a Panasonic FZ20 will match medium
format quality, and that he can enlarge 6x4's to 36x24's by 'adding
real detail'.
He gets stuff wrong, like his claims that a 50mm lens on a 1.6x sensor
will *not* behave like an 80mm, because it has some magical inherent
50mm perspective issue.
He uses very questionable methods - eg his recent EBay sale of
calendar making equipment, which was sold on the basis that Douglas
would "..not be doing any more calendars".

Now we all get stuff 'wrong' from time to time ((O... But if you
argue with him, point out his lies/errors or criticise him, you are
likely to be attacked, abused and insulted mercilessly.

Those of us who have been on the receiving end of his crap are sick to
death of it TOO.
Sorry, but I *won't* let his insults and lies go unchallenged. It's
called the 'right of reply'..

So, in closing:
- nobody forced you to read this stuff
- I have a right to defend myself
- feel free to point to any post where I've *started* one of these,
like Douglas has here and elsewhere
- feel free to defend Doug's actions
- feel free to killfile me

I never change my email name, and if for some reason you are unable to
avoid reading a reply from me to one of Doug's obvious sockpuppet
posts, and the words Off Topic don't give you enough of a clue, then
perhaps that is best...

Old August 2nd 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

On Aug 2, 1:00 pm, John McWilliams wrote:
As a matter of fact, I have. And they went away.

Evidence to support this claim?

Have you noticed that Douglas *frequently* goes away, too... Then
returns, often hiding beneath a new identity, with a whole new tirade
when it suits him. Did this happen to you, too?

Yes, I am capable of killfiling anyone, but none can tell me where or
how to post, nor am I telling you.

Oh, really? (O;

I've tried different appeals to this little coterie, somewhat spaced
out, in varying tones.

Appeals to do what? Get us to change where or how we post, by any
chance? (O:

It's clear that none of you can or will put the interest of others
before your own "needs".

It's only clear to me that you say you speak for 'others'. However,
on this thread (in aus.photo) there are about 8 other posters (not
counting sockpuppets), and of those, 1 (you) is complaining. You need
to be careful when saying those magic words "I know I speak for
everyone here...".

Yes, I know there are others who also think that ignoring Doug will
make him go away, but given that he continually posts semi-on-topic
stuff, the chances of that succeeding are, imo, very slim indeed

And please remember, and live by, your own words:

"none can tell me where or how to post, nor am I telling you."

PS - In the grand scheme of things, do you really think anyone cares,
or that it will affect the final outcome of humanity? Chill, live and
let live, etc....

Upload 16 of your best photos and get a complimentary 2007 photo calendar HotTorrent Digital Photography 0 November 15th 06 08:37 AM
All the things to think about for a poster HeroOfSpielburg Digital Photography 3 September 3rd 06 04:08 PM
calendar leo Digital Photography 4 December 27th 04 01:23 AM
Help With Poster (long) Ryadia Digital Photography 18 December 7th 04 03:13 AM
Poster prints $8.95 Ihor Digital Photography 1 July 1st 04 06:11 PM