I've got a 30mp digital camera

Old November 5th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Adams

Default I've got a 30mp digital camera

Yea, I shoot slide film on my Nikon 35mm and then scan them into my PC
with my Canoscan. Surpasses the results of any DC on the market.
Old November 5th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
pboud

John Adams wrote:
Yea, I shoot slide film on my Nikon 35mm and then scan them into my PC
with my Canoscan. Surpasses the results of any DC on the market.

You know, you could top that just by carrying an easel and painting
supplies wherever you go..

Old November 5th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Brion K. Lienhart

John Adams wrote:
Yea, I shoot slide film on my Nikon 35mm and then scan them into my PC
with my Canoscan. Surpasses the results of any DC on the market.

Only 30? You should get the Hasselblad H3DII with the 39Mp back.
Old November 5th 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
frederick

John Adams wrote:
Yea, I shoot slide film on my Nikon 35mm and then scan them into my PC
with my Canoscan. Surpasses the results of any DC on the market.

Curious how a message written in 1999 is suddenly appearing
in 2007.

I blame Google Groups.

Old November 5th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Adams

Brion K. Lienhart wrote:

Only 30? You should get the Hasselblad H3DII with the 39Mp back.

Could do that but it will cost a lot more than the $150.00 the scanner
cost me.
Old November 5th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Adams

frederick wrote:

Curious how a message written in 1999 is suddenly appearing in 2007.

I blame Google Groups.

Well, while my prints are up on art gallery walls your's will only be
good enough to display in magazines at 300DPI.
Old November 5th 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
frederick

John Adams wrote:
frederick wrote:

Curious how a message written in 1999 is suddenly appearing in 2007.

I blame Google Groups.

Well, while my prints are up on art gallery walls your's will only be
good enough to display in magazines at 300DPI.

Did you know that there shouldn't be an apostrophe before
the final "s" in a possessive pronoun?

Old November 5th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

"John Adams" wrote in message
. ..
Yea, I shoot slide film on my Nikon 35mm and then scan them into my
PC with my Canoscan. Surpasses the results of any DC on the market.

Astounding! 30mp from your Canoscan
What amazing resolution from your scanner!?

Old November 5th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Adams

frederick wrote:

Did you know that there shouldn't be an apostrophe before the final "s"
in a possessive pronoun?

Yes, but knowing you are an anal retentive net-cop I did it just to
annoy you.
Old November 5th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Adams

Frank Arthur wrote:

Astounding! 30mp from your Canoscan
What amazing resolution from your scanner!?

A 35mm slide is 36 mm x 24 mm.

Convert to inches 36/25.4 = 1.417322835 Use 1.4 inches for long side
Convert to inches 24/25.4 = 0.945 inches (rounded) for short side.

Scan at 4800 dpi you get

0.945 * 4800 = 4536 pixels
1.4 * 4800 = 6720 pixels.

Megapixels is 4536 * 6720 = 30481920 pixels or 30.48 Megapixels.