Two weeks in Tasmania

Old September 4th 06, 01:04 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature
Geoff Wise

Default Two weeks in Tasmania

Greetings all,

I have just uploaded 30 or so images of two weeks in Tasmania,
Australia. I took the opportunity of taking the car ferry to Tassie,
from Sydney, in July before it shut down.

Unseasonally calm weather for most of the time there.

I had no real plan other than travel in an anticlockwise direction...
didn't know where I was staying most nights until an hour or so before
dark. Slept in the car a few times, spent most nights in backpacker's.

Was horrified to learn Port Arthur YHA was closing because of big
business money.

Left the packing to the morning of departure, which was a mistake.
Headed off on a three day return hike to Cape Pillar, Tasman Peninsular.
Arrived at the campsite and found I grabbed the microlite tent
poles and the minaret tent. Oh well, I thought it hugely funny at the
time, packed up and walked back out...

Made the decision to finally go digital and bought a Canon 5D. It was
my first trip with it. I think you will find the images to your liking.
Digital gives you a degree of creative control film cannot match. The
only downside is you need two to three batteries for a long trip and you
need to keep them warm, but this is manageable.

Go to http://www.wises.com.au/tasoth.htm

Geoff Wise
Wise's Wilderness
http://www.wises.com.au