A lens for Atheist Chaplain to take to the Red Bull Air Race

Old September 28th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
^Tems^[_3_]

Default A lens for Atheist Chaplain to take to the Red Bull Air Race

http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-5200mm-F14...QQcmdZViewItem

Should get some good close ups
Old September 29th 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"^Tems^" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-5200mm-F14...QQcmdZViewItem

Should get some good close ups

do you want to help me carry the bloody thing ;-)

Don Hirschberg

Old September 29th 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Jeff R.

Atheist Chaplain wrote:
"^Tems^" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-5200mm-F14...QQcmdZViewItem

Should get some good close ups

do you want to help me carry the bloody thing ;-)

Mehh...
Wassa big deal?

We astronomy types have used similar (shorter f.l., but faster and m-u-c-h
more portable) tubes for ages.

http://www.optcorp.com/productImage.aspx?pid=7846

Ignore the mount. The OTA is remarkable inexpensive and responds well.
(Don't get started on donut bokeh - not interested.)

Just *marginally* more practical than the Canon cannon linked above.

--
Jeff R.
(heaps of fun, too)

Old September 29th 08, 04:42 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Alan Browne

^Tems^ wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-5200mm-F14...QQcmdZViewItem

Should get some good close ups

Nah, get serious:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/pho...c/IMG_0919.jpg

Not as much FL, but larger image and much faster too...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old September 29th 08, 06:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
news
^Tems^ wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-5200mm-F14...QQcmdZViewItem
Should get some good close ups

Nah, get serious:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/pho...c/IMG_0919.jpg

Not as much FL, but larger image and much faster too...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

Hey Guys, I want to be able to afford to fly over there without having to
rent a truck just to carry a lens :-)
And excess baggage would kill me on one of those :-)

Don Hirschberg

Old September 29th 08, 12:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...
Atheist Chaplain wrote:
"^Tems^" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-5200mm-F14...QQcmdZViewItem

Should get some good close ups

do you want to help me carry the bloody thing ;-)

Mehh...
Wassa big deal?

We astronomy types have used similar (shorter f.l., but faster and m-u-c-h
more portable) tubes for ages.

http://www.optcorp.com/productImage.aspx?pid=7846

Ignore the mount. The OTA is remarkable inexpensive and responds well.
(Don't get started on donut bokeh - not interested.)

Just *marginally* more practical than the Canon cannon linked above.

--
Jeff R.
(heaps of fun, too)

I found this one instead :-)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/find/n...l-L-Lenses.jsp

--
God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?

Old September 29th 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Noons

Atheist Chaplain wrote,on my timestamp of 29/09/2008 10:53 AM:
"^Tems^" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-5200mm-F14...QQcmdZViewItem

Should get some good close ups

do you want to help me carry the bloody thing ;-)

I think you need a new tripod...