cheapest place to buy dslr bodies: Nikon D70s / Canon EOS 20d/350D

Old July 25th 05, 03:11 AM
John

Default cheapest place to buy dslr bodies: Nikon D70s / Canon EOS 20d/350D

Anyone has any suggestions on buying these camera bodies
for cheap?

D70s
EOS20d
350D

Here is the best i can find for now,

1] D70s - $529
(from : http://www.turbobuys.com/index.php?a...tem&id=2781569)

2] EOS350d - $569 (from:
http://www.usaphotonation.com/produc...engine=froogle)

But usaphotonation is reputedly a very bad vendor, the next pricing I
have
is around $720.

3] EOS 20d - $900
(http://shop.vendio.com/jepcaru/item/.../?s=1121854370)

Anyone has any better pointers to purchase these bodies?

Thanks,
--j

Old July 25th 05, 03:50 AM
EF in FLA

2] EOS350d - $569 (from:

http://www.usaphotonation.com/produc...engine=froogle)

But usaphotonation is reputedly a very bad vendor, the next pricing I
have is around $720.

That price doesn't count because they'd never ship one out at that price.
They may as well quote you $3.50.

ef

Old July 25th 05, 04:03 AM
John

I guess the $720 is a more realistic price...Where do the pro's here
buy their cams from? What kind of prices.

Thanks,
--j

Old July 25th 05, 04:19 AM
george

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
I guess the $720 is a more realistic price...Where do the pro's here
buy their cams from? What kind of prices.

Thanks,
--j

Most people seem to like:
www.bhphotovideo.com (B&H Photo)
www.andorama.com (Andorama)
I've ordered from both of the above with good results (many more times from
B&H, though)

I've also had good luck with:
www.beachcamera.com (Beach Camera, they also do business as www.buydig.com)
www.flashpointcameras.com (17th St. Camera)

Not known for price, but good dealers nonetheless a
www.calumetphoto.com (Calumet Photo)
www.porters.com (Porters Camera)

Some people shy away from:
www.focuscamera.com (Focus Camera, they seem to get it confused with Abe's
Camera)
but I've ordered some stuff (usually small stuff like Hoya filters) from
them with no problems at all

Hope that gets you started...of course YMMV and I'd always advise checking
www.resellerratings.com
first to see if your proposed vendor happens to be headed on a downward
spiral OR is drastically improving.

Sorry for commercial info...but maybe it'll cut down on some of the postings
that "ZYX Camera Shysters has
the latest Nikon/Canon dSLR for $1.50 including an 8GB CF card...please tell
me that it is a good deal and btw,
is shipping normally $3500?" sort of postings that seem to be SO prevalent
here.

George

Old July 25th 05, 05:23 AM
Stacey

John wrote:

I guess the $720 is a more realistic price...Where do the pro's here
buy their cams from?

"Pro's" usually buy a camera from a place that also provides service, not
the cheapest scam shop on the internet.
--

Stacey
Old July 25th 05, 05:38 AM
John

I guess. If you buy a nikon or canon, do you really require service?
I used to have a P&S canon for 3 years (got stolen), and never had
any problems with it.

Old July 25th 05, 05:51 AM

John wrote:
Anyone has any suggestions on buying these camera bodies
for cheap?

D70s
EOS20d
350D

Here is the best i can find for now,

1] D70s - $529
(from : http://www.turbobuys.com/index.php?a...tem&id=2781569)

2] EOS350d - $569 (from:
http://www.usaphotonation.com/produc...engine=froogle)

But usaphotonation is reputedly a very bad vendor, the next pricing I
have
is around $720.

3] EOS 20d - $900
(http://shop.vendio.com/jepcaru/item/.../?s=1121854370)

Those prices seem WAY too good to be true. Which usually means...
Try Cameta Camera. They are all over Ebay and they are VERY
competitive and trustworthy.

Ben

Old July 25th 05, 05:55 AM

John wrote:
I guess. If you buy a nikon or canon, do you really require service?
I used to have a P&S canon for 3 years (got stolen), and never had
any problems with it.

Unless you want to clean it yourself, you will need service. Some have
luck doing it, others with heavy hands such as myself, require
assistance.

Ben

Old July 25th 05, 05:57 AM
Toa

I guess. If you buy a nikon or canon, do you really require service?
I used to have a P&S canon for 3 years (got stolen), and never had
any problems with it.

I've got an old Minolta X-1 that still performs as it should. Still have a
Minolta 500si that also performs as it did when new (not that it gets much
use these days however)

"Most" camera's will perform as expected for years if treated well.

Toa

Old July 25th 05, 07:26 AM
Manuel W.

"John" ha scritto nel messaggio
ups.com...
I guess. If you buy a nikon or canon, do you really require service?
I used to have a P&S canon for 3 years (got stolen), and never had
any problems with it.

I guess that I need service. If I pay $790 (or $7900) for a camera where
*quality* is the primary factor, I really do need service. If I have a
problem, I just walk up to my friendly camera store where they will clean
the camera, or maybe offer a temporary replacement if they have to ship it
to Canon/Nikon if it's broken. I wouldn't compare it with a P&S. And I
wouldn't order a DSLR online to save 10% ... but maybe that's just me.

-Manuel