JPEG slide show on DVD player

Old January 29th 05, 12:24 PM
Ron Bradley

Default JPEG slide show on DVD player

This message is just to say that I have since been able to display my JPEG
photo's on a DVD player perfectly, and works ok if you put all your photo's
into a file first.( Thanks for this advice) The DVD player even showed a
complete list of all photo file names for reference, and easy selection of
individual photo's and also lets you run a slide show. I was amazed that
the DVD player also displayed a screen saver when the photo was left on too
long !

Old January 29th 05, 04:33 PM
Big Bill

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:24:48 GMT, "Ron Bradley"
wrote:

This message is just to say that I have since been able to display my JPEG
photo's on a DVD player perfectly, and works ok if you put all your photo's
into a file first.( Thanks for this advice) The DVD player even showed a
complete list of all photo file names for reference, and easy selection of
individual photo's and also lets you run a slide show. I was amazed that
the DVD player also displayed a screen saver when the photo was left on too
long !

Out of curiosity, what do you kean when you say, "works ok if you put
all your photo's into a file first"? Do you mean to Zip them into one
file? Or put them into a file folder?
What burning software are you using to do this? I find Nero 6 does
this very easily by simply telling it which pics to use; nothing else
except choosing the right burning format.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

Old January 29th 05, 09:45 PM
Ken Oaf

wrote:

This message is just to say that I have since been able to display my JPEG
photo's on a DVD player perfectly, and works ok if you put all your photo's
into a file first.( Thanks for this advice) The DVD player even showed a
complete list of all photo file names for reference, and easy selection of
individual photo's and also lets you run a slide show. I was amazed that
the DVD player also displayed a screen saver when the photo was left on too
long !

This has been a feature of DVD players for years.

One hint. Scale down your images in size to speed up the display process. It
is pointless having, say, a 6 megapixel image file when most TV sets cannot even
display a VGA size image.

Old January 29th 05, 10:42 PM
All Things Mopar

Ken Oaf commented courteously ...

(
Thanks for this advice) The DVD player even showed a
complete list of all photo file names for reference,

and
easy selection of individual photo's and also lets you

run
a slide show. I was amazed that the DVD player also
displayed a screen saver when the photo was left on too
long !

This has been a feature of DVD players for years.

One hint. Scale down your images in size to speed up

the
display process. It is pointless having, say, a 6
megapixel image file when most TV sets cannot even

display
a VGA size image.

I just tried this again on my 2-year-old DVD player. Won't
work whether the CD-R is just JPEGs or whether there're
also folders. I read the doc for my player and it says it
will play video and audio (Mp3) CD-Rs but doesn't
specifically mention JPEGs.

In my case, it will not only not show my pictures (which
are generally 1280 x 960 and around 350KB each) it will
also not display a list of what's on the CD.

I use EZ CD Creator to burn my CD-Rs. Of course, I can
read them fine with any app on my PC but the DVD player
won't.

Is there anything special I need to do when burning the
CD-Rs, like perhaps using ISO instead of Joliet or UDF?
Or, by using only old-style DOS 8.3 file names?

I also tried putting my post-processed pics onto my Nikon
5700's CF card. But, of course, Nikon is one of many
camera's that won't "see" anything on its memory card that
it didn't create itself (it does "know" they are there and
reports much less than normal "pictures left".

--
ATM, aka Jerry